High Tech Road Course Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Tech Road Course Stuff

I realize I'm just about the only person still here on BangShift who got really into road course stuff for quite a while. Been there done that, when everybody else was grooving on going in a straight line.

I just got an email from Dave Auer. He used to own HPDE. What a great guy in person. He's the guy who took Unit for a 150 mph ride at Daytona when we were there. I like Dave a lot. He's a very cool guy to be around. Immediately likable.

When he sold HPDE, he said he was getting out of it to spend more time with his family, etc. Easy to assume that Dave was heading off into the sunset like most of us do. But....here's part of the text from the email I got today. This is cool-sounding stuff. Not enough to make me want to get passed on a road course again, but this is cool-sounding stuff. It's a commercial, the email. But the idea of it seems pretty amazing.

"Recently I became a partner in a new race data device called RaceVoice and tested it at Homestead. It uses voice rather than looking down at your dash while at speed. It announces 11 different alerts from your dash to your helmet/ear buds. When to up shift, oil pressure and water temp alerts, minimum corner speed with mph, G force, etc. We launched it this Jan. at Homestead and Sebring at the SCCA Majors event. We have already sold out our first production run and are now waiting on our second run to be fulfilled in Feb. All made in the USA. Pretty exciting!"

You GO Dave! No wonder Round 1 sold out.
    Last edited by pdub; January 22, 2019, 02:46 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

as long as it doesn't sound like my ex-wife, we'll be good.
    "slow down" she says
    "it's icy" she says
    "it won't buff out" she says...

sheesh, this is why I stopped listening to her.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 22, 2019, 04:09 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      as long as it doesn't sound like my ex-wife, we'll be good.
      "slow down" she says
      "it's icy" she says
      "it won't buff out" she says...

sheesh, this is why I stopped listening to her.
      I was already thinking....I'm not gonna run on a road course again because I don't really want to hear it....."You're loafing, go FASTER, what's WRONG with you?!?! Is that the BEST you can do in that curve? You just got passed by a Miata!!!! Faster, you oaf, FASTER!!!!!!" Technology is not always the greatest thing for the soul.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
      X