Surveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surveys

I used to write questions for the various tests that high schoolers are subjected to - so methodology interests me.

I received a survey from GM today asking if I liked having 2 sets of floor mats. My Colorado came with 2 sets, a carpeted set and (the set that are in there) the weather mat (basically a big bucket on the floor to keep it dry and dirt free).

I said weather mat is fine. okay with that comes the funny part.

They asked qualifying questions in the start, you know, age, gender, then went further and asked if there was any affiliation with their suppliers... except

they asked whether or not I worked in the frozen food industry...

really? how would this skew a survey result?

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I used to write questions for the various tests that high schoolers are subjected to - so methodology interests me.

I received a survey from GM today asking if I liked having 2 sets of floor mats. My Colorado came with 2 sets, a carpeted set and (the set that are in there) the weather mat (basically a big bucket on the floor to keep it dry and dirt free).

They asked qualifying questions in the start, you know, age, gender, then went further and asked if there was any affiliation with their suppliers... except

Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Cool! (Someone had to say it). I wonder if frozen food workers are notoriously hard on automotive floor covering? Never heard of that, but..... Seems like a better question would have been "Do you run a road salt truck?" but what do I know?

Dan

Comment

Or do you refill your super size soda cup from a lid less pitcher of red Koolaid .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; January 25, 2019, 03:58 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sounds to me like GM is very concerned about Weathertech making too much money that they could have by making better mats and raising the base prices. Were the GM mats standard or an option?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            Sounds to me like GM is very concerned about Weathertech making too much money that they could have by making better mats and raising the base prices. Were the GM mats standard or an option?
            I guess I didn't explain that well enough. If you bought a Colorado with the bedliner package (that GM sprayed in their plant), you got Weather Tech mats as well. What GM was asking was whether or not I liked getting the stock mats as well. Or put another way, I have 2 complete sets of floor mats that came from GM - one weather tech, the other GM carpeted ones. As an aside, I really like the Weather Tech mats - to the point that if it wasn't there, now that I have experience with them, I'd spend the bux to buy them (they're not cheap).

This is in comparison to way back - when I worked for Action Auto Rental, they demanded the floor mats be deleted from the car. IIRC it was like $20 per car that they saved..... in a fleet of 500,000 cars it was quite the savings.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Cool! (Someone had to say it). I wonder if frozen food workers are notoriously hard on automotive floor covering? Never heard of that, but..... Seems like a better question would have been "Do you run a road salt truck?" but what do I know?

Dan
              I can only imagine the crying I'll be seeing in the next protest of those people who were excluded because they work in the frozen food industry. #frozenfoodmatters!

Comment

I guess I didn't explain that well enough. If you bought a Colorado with the bedliner package (that GM sprayed in their plant), you got Weather Tech mats as well. What GM was asking was whether or not I liked getting the stock mats as well. Or put another way, I have 2 complete sets of floor mats that came from GM - one weather tech, the other GM carpeted ones. As an aside, I really like the Weather Tech mats - to the point that if it wasn't there, now that I have experience with them, I'd spend the bux to buy them (they're not cheap).

This is in comparison to way back - when I worked for Action Auto Rental, they demanded the floor mats be deleted from the car. IIRC it was like $20 per car that they saved..... in a fleet of 500,000 cars it was quite the savings.
                Oh, so the General is boarding and pillaging Weathertech instead of trying to just push them out of the market. As little as I care about floormats I respect Weathertech because the business was built around advertising in enthusiast magazines. Don't understand my TV watching getting interrupted by floor mats but if it is a sign of success, oh well.

Comment

Ever look at a frozen chest floor. ?
                  The workers also tend to wear work boots. and that frozen crap gets tracked into the vehicle. and if the vehicle owner doesn't clean the mats, they will mold.
                  If you've ever watched video's from techs showing the dump that is many customers interiors.
                  It'll explain allot

Comment

I guess I didn't explain that well enough. If you bought a Colorado with the DIY bedliner package (that GM sprayed in their plant), you got Weather Tech mats as well. What GM was asking was whether or not I liked getting the stock mats as well. Or put another way, I have 2 complete sets of floor mats that came from GM - one weather tech, the other GM carpeted ones. As an aside, I really like the Weather Tech mats - to the point that if it wasn't there, now that I have experience with them, I'd spend the bux to buy them (they're not cheap).

Sitting on the bed liner, took a closer look, do not see bolt down... But cutting the tailgate, what a $500 mistake.. if it is photoshopped, a nice see-thru gap in the tailgate... Wouldn't the gate paint get burnt?

Comment

Sounds to me like GM is very concerned about Weathertech floor mat making too much money that they could have by making better mats and raising the base prices. Were the GM mats standard or an option?
                      At the point when there are heaps of floor liners accessible for you to buy from, I prescribe that you give an attempt to the WeatherTech Floor Liners. These mats are intended to offer a custom fit for most vehicles, because of their articulated lip that empowers them to offer supreme inside assurance.

Comment

I guess the question now is how well the mats repel stains from hauling around dead horses.

Comment

I can only imagine the crying I'll be seeing in the next protest of those people who were excluded because they work in the frozen food industry. #frozenfoodmatters!
                          Your so lucky I don't work at Twin City Foods anymore. Yes a private label frozen vegetable packing plant. #frozenfoodmatters!

Comment

I guess the question now is how well the mats repel stains from hauling around dead horses.
                            dead people, don't forget one of those 'things' I do is help my wife train her dogs in detecting human remains.... we have a freezer (locked) that you do not want to sample what is inside.... funny thing is the parts aren't immediately recognizable, it just looks like bloody meat... but yeah, we keep it locked with a warning sign inside.... those same mats wash off quite nicely when the scent box falls over...

With that said, ever had smelly carpet? I play outside, so often I'm in my car wet, muddy and tired (tired matters because there is no way I care that I have to clean it up when it happens)... the mats keep the floor dry...

as for bedliner.... it's a spray in, it's not made by weathermat... it is pretty tough.

Comment

Working...
                            X