Fuel capacity 94 Suburban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel capacity 94 Suburban

So I read the owners manual a little and notice it has a 42 gallon tank . So I filled it last Friday $81 worth . Only to find it will only hold 29 . Fortunately I noticed it as soon as I got home . I was about a gallon every 2.5 hrs of a leak . I caught all but maybe 1.5 to 2 gallons but I had to let it sit from Friday evening to Sunday morning . Oh well .One more thing to do when it warms up .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

I borrowed one of those years ago to move, it had two tanks. There was actually a filler port on both sides of it, one for each tank. Yeah, it would hold a lot of gas, both tanks.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

This one is a single 42 gallon job . I'm thinking once I patch it or replace it it should last me a couple weeks going back and forth to work .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I can confirm it's a single 42gal and I rarely let it get below quarter because the pump won't let me fill it all the way back up if I have to do a full refill.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

had an 87 which is the earlier body style...it was supposed to have a 40 gal tank, according to the sticker, we only ever put 30 gallons in it to fill it up, when the gauge said empty.

Never did try to run it dry. You can do that to yours, if you want

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
          X