The Cycle of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cycle of Life

I've had more fun than most folks ever do, I've done my best to make it be so.

It's a timed event, life itself. But Sue and I are both running out of gas. Old and tired. Dan Stokes is a hero of mine, watching him do a brake job on Truck in Arkansas when it was about 9000 degrees C outside. I finally stopped running down the track and parked over there beside him and I even asked if there was anything I could do to help. I chickened out soon, I've got to get back in the car where air conditioning was. Dan is a tough guy, made it be so himself. He even made fun of me, "You Southern boys are supposed to be conditioned to the heat."

I'm sure there's a lot you can do to take better care of yourself, but if taking care of yourself is all you want to do.....I dunno. Sue's parents and mine too, they were adamant that you have to "ride it out."

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Honda or Kawasaki. Harley's run too rough.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Honda or Kawasaki. Harley's run too rough.

Dan
      Yamahaaaaa!

Comment

Pdub your right I'm not as young as I used to be either. Go out to the shop and attempt to do things that were once simple but find now that the "old" body isn't as flexible and most of my stamina has left the building. But I still go out there and give it ago............what else can you do.
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I subscribe to the belief that La-Z-Boy has killed more folks than many diseases. Keep busy. Do stuff. I just built a shop. I'm 72. Guess what? I work in it!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Circle of life. it's not like laundry
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The thing is, my brain is still 20 years old. I'd like that body back but I'd never want to be than stupid again.

Comment

Go talk to the doctor. Tell them where you are and where you would like to be and get some idea on how to get there. If you don't like what they say ask get a second opinion. For a couple weeks before it got cold I went a walked a mile before work. Really felt better when I did and got my day started easier.

I believe the key to life is everything in moderation. Too much of one thing and non of others is not good. What are you doing to much off cut back, what are you not doing at all add it in.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Everything in moderation - including moderation! That's when it gets tricky.

And I agree with Russell in shopping for a doc you can work with. It's taken me years to pull together a team of docs I can count on (I see 5 on a regular basis with more I can pull in as needed) but they keep me moving and pretty healthy so it's worth it. I also rejected a ton of 'em - they won't all be a fit for you. The big realization for me was understanding that I am in charge of my health and docs are people I hire to implement the care plans that we work out together.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; January 30, 2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

as it was in the beginning...it is in the end.

that sprite in between. go large or go home.

Of course, I am a lot more dynamical than that. I feel I am getting old too.
                    been disabled with no real label for a long time.

6 months of winter here, two rails of a truck seem large, the world shrinks down.
                    come spring, my hand spans the width of it... as if vision changes.

I go with my spring time vision. Stay patient until then.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

"Doctor" is the worst cuss word I can come up with, from my experience.

A lot of it is genetics. My dad passed away at 75. His vascular system clogged up and there was nothing he could do about it. Doctors, drugs, behavior, diet, whatever. He tried to hang on but he couldn't.

My mom is still wasting away at 93 and she hasn't known who anybody is for the past 20 years. So maybe it's better if your mind checks out first, so you don't realize how bad of a shape your body is in.

Comment

My Mom knows TOO much. 102 in May. Lost her license at 99 due to a hit and run. Mad as a snake about it too!
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                        X