Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WATTS UP? . . . eCOPO makes its first pass . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scat Pack 1320 Grass Roots fast.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

There's a whole lot of ANGRY and FRUSTRATION here. Not my thing, so I'll see myself out. Have fun.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

never thought i'd see it in my neck of the woods.. when 25 below zero is somebody else's 25 year old story. We get it nearly every year.

there is a prius and an old lady that drives it, all year round... patked right outside my window.
        hasn't needed a jump start or anything peculiar.
        always exhaust coming out to start.. it may be on motor only or something.

but it is a surprise against my own survival here. My 1996 gmc is about as old to stay realistic as it gets in my book.
        still needs two hwirls on the starter to gain the 10mpg fuel dump at below zero needed. the ECMs even get slowed here..
        shut a modern vehicle off full warm.. it doesn't exactly bimetal spring a coil closed automatically.

I still don't think battery anyhting will survive it.
        it slike finding aluminum growing on a tree (I don't like aluminum engines to this day...even now)

now that I have ranted.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

No anger on my part. "Meh" isn't anger. It's indifference.

As for the Scat Pack 1320 . . . . Fly that Mopar flag. At least FCA isn't as greedy as some of its competitors.

$45,980 MSRP . . . To put that in perspective, the price of the average V8 pony car from the mid-80s, adjusted for inflation would be approximately $31,400.00. A $4,000 1968 "muscle car" (not the cheapest) in today's dollars would be $28,862.87.

Does a dozen airbags, ABS, EFI and "dubs" really make a performance car nearly sixty percent more expensive? Does it make it sixty percent better?

Sure, the Scat Pack is supposed to run high 11s. That's okay. But it sure didn't cost Tony DeFeo or the late Steve Collison nearly that much to go fast back in the day . . . Just sayin'

But most certainly the $46K Scat Pack 1320 is a better deal than any of the non-street-legal factory "stocks" or an eAnything . . . .

Comment

I'm not angry. No problem with electric go fast. Ludicrous Mode rules. Just the whole COPO program is weak compared to Drag Pack or Cobra Jet and ALL are weak compared to Demon, Redeye, Hellcat and Scat Pack. For me the only true factory race car is a body in white on a pallet.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              For me the only true factory race car is a body in white on a pallet.
              Oh come on . . . There have been some that didn't require TOTAL assembly

Comment

eCOPO won't do THIS (HEAR video) unless you strap a Marshall stack to the deck lid and record an mp3 of a REAL car . . . . Just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                X