ID:	1230015Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59916.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	1230016Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59914.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	1230017Click image for larger version  Name:	image_59915.jpg Views:	1 Size:	215.7 KB ID:	1230009Click image for larger version  Name:	image_59916.jpg Views:	1 Size:	323.3 KB ID:	1230010Click image for larger version  Name:	image_59914.jpg Views:	1 Size:	352.2 KB ID:	1230012

Last year we took a river cruise in Europe on the Rhine.

On a Sunday morning we see all these amphib cars coming down the river.
    It was some sort of amphib car club and was pretty cool.
    Later in the day, on shore, we saw another car club gathering and a motorcycle club.....all cruising the country side.

Car clubs over seem to be a big deal and they get out on nice weekends and...........cruise.
    Unlike our cruises where we go and sit.
    Last edited by Monk; February 3, 2019, 07:56 AM.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Cool pics! My understanding is that Amphicars were not very good cars and worse boats but they seems to have these ones working. I'd like to do a European river cruise some day but racing and seeing Grandkids seems to take precedence.

Dan

Comment

There was a tale, I think it was on the History Channel, one of those deals. It was about Lyndon B. Johnson. He had a sense of humor.

Lemme see how to make this shorter.....There was a young guy vying for some sort of a cabinet position in Johnson's administration. Johnson required that they meet at his ranch instead of at the White House. The young guy complied, showed up on time and Johnson said, "Hop in, I want to show you the ranch."

Well, it was one of those Amphi - Aqua Cars, whatever they called them. Johnson drove the guy around pointing at cows and stuff and they got to a pond. The "road" went down to the pond, like a boat ramp. They started down the hill toward the pond and Johnson started pretending to pump the brakes, hollering, "We've got no brakes, we've lost the brakes!"

The passenger was of course terrified. SPLASH into the water and the car just kept on going, motoring around. And the guy got the job.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's an Amphicar fast attack fleet!
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
        X