The Home Music Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Home Music Collection

Every bit of this stuff is from 30 to 40 years ago. CDs and vinyl albums.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010418.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1230106

Name:	P1010419.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1230107

I just don't turn it on. When Perry was here, we played with the Quick Jacks and cooked on the grill and threw darts and ended up shooting pool. Such a great time. And when we started shooting pool I said this is a pool hall, we need some music to go with this. Whatcha wanna hear? He said he didn't care.

So I grabbed the topmost CD from the pile, literally the one that was just on top. And Perry liked it so much he had to order a copy of if. And he's got one now.

The point being, why in the world don't I listen to all of this stuff? I don't. I even stopped playing the radio in the car about 35 years ago.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I've got to get back up there, best therapy in the world! Plus give you a rematch. Really though had a whole lot of fun, umm maybe next month. Besides we have to plan a race, and go carts.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I've got 2 milk crates full of vinyl, almost all of them I bought myself from the time I was 14.

Is that a Technics SL-b2 turntable? If so I have one just like it.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Without even trying hard I'd bet you could find any of that music online quicker than you could find it there.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Without even trying hard I'd bet you could find any of that music online quicker than you could find it there.
          That is so true Rock. More than just true. Times have certainly changed. That's for sure.

Gary, the platter is a Hitachi HT - 40S Direct Drive. High tech stuff back them. I've got it all run through one of my PA heads and 12-inch mains, intended for stage shows. But it works. Down there on the bottom is a ratty box full of 45's from the 60's.

Name:	P1010421.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1230163

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X