No announcement yet.

GM's Mark Stielow Admits the OBVIOUS about CAFE -- We're Gonna Get Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I get told I don't care enough I don't consider it a compliment. And it amused no one it seems.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I guess TRUTH HURTS . . . . Sorry, man.

Comment

And people that HAVE to have the last word...…. Ooopps!

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

I, GP, am an idiot!

Now is everyone HAPPY?
          Works for me

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Works for me
            Allen, have you ever contacted HRM about doing a piece on your wagon? It's on the level or better than the one featured in this month's issue. And yours might have a better history behind it.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Pdub - thanks for the complement BUT if you are talking about the 53 Ranch Wagon - that thing is on a completely different level. They WIDENED the body ~8"s. I am not sure that a custom built tube frame wouldn't have handled just as good as the Corvette chassis and most likely would not have been as expensive as all that metal work.

Regardless it sounds like a really neat build even if it doesn't have the same "knuckle dragging" qualities as my wagon.

As far as my wagon in Hot Rod - I Idon't believe they are interested in it.

Comment

l work.

I think they would be, if they have any sense. You don't see one of those at every stoplight. It's impressive. Check this month's magazine, yours is better.

Comment

yeah, this thread is done, the OP doesn't have anything useful to suggest to do about the problem he sees. all he can do is rag on the folks here for not being concerned about it.

Meanwhile, we drive around in our cheap secondhand LS V8 powered Chevy trucks, and have lotsa fun.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Pdub - thanks for the complement BUT if you are talking about the 53 Ranch Wagon - that thing is on a completely different level. They WIDENED the body ~8"s. I am not sure that a custom built tube frame wouldn't have handled just as good as the Corvette chassis and most likely would not have been as expensive as all that metal work.

Regardless it sounds like a really neat build even if it doesn't have the same "knuckle dragging" qualities as my wagon.

I bet it doesn't do any better of a burn out, or as good. You use your wagon and I have always thought highly of you for it, to heck with HRM.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      the OP doesn't have anything useful to suggest to do about the problem he sees.
                      You just couldn't drop it. I've got plenty of ideas (a lot more than you'll ever dream of) but nearly all of them violate the no politics forum rule. You love if not worship CAFE, so you're the enemy anyhow.

I hope to express my views as a company shareholder at an appropriate time. And I absolutely do not plan to buy any "substitute" four cylinders.

I have no doubt you will snark some sort of condescending quip in response, to which your sycophantic amen corner will applaud. Good for you. But I'm not taking any more bait. You win. I lose. It's done because I say it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

I bet it doesn't do any better of a burn out, or as good. You use your wagon and I have always thought highly of you for it, to heck with HRM.
                        There's never been a better-looking ride put together from scratch. Anywhere.

Comment

Said this a decade ago and got laughed at.
                          C.A.F.E. will make owning a off the showroom floor, v8 car a rich mans game.
                          With ford killing v8 f-150's after this model year. The scale of volume is going to make it more costly to keep the v8 mustang, without the cost going up.
                          They also need buyers to op out of buying the v8 models and pricing them higher and higher will cause this.
                          The 2019 turbo mustang has 310 h/p. at this point the v8 isn't needed. people want the sound of a v8, well the oem's are piping in fake noise through the radio. so. put a v8 sound track in them. heck even add a button for the cobrajet factory drag car sound track.

As soon as the v8 dies in light duty trucks. the v8 performance cars are dead. save for maybe the vette, and why it is going mid engine. buyers will pay 100k+ for mid engine performance cars. they won't for the f/e vette if that was the base price because of the lack of volume of scale of the v8 production.
                          G.m. going mid ship wasn't so must that they hit a limit of what they can do. but more so, they see the writing on the wall..
                          If we are lucky we have a till 2024 before the hammer really comes down. and it will.
                          The o.e.m.'s rubbing the E.P.A'S noses in the 700-850 h/p rides is the worst thing they could be doing. anyone with half a brain.Should see this. but the o.e.m.'s don't know when enough is enough and this over the top. middle finger to the E.P.A. will be what kills the 2nd factory v8 h/p wars.
                          Only this time, it won't be just cutting the nadds off. it will bury them. and become but a footnote in history.
                          Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; February 6, 2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Dodge has their new Hellephant crate at 1,000 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                              You love if not worship CAFE, so you're the enemy anyhow.
                              Wrong. I don't love CAFE. I don't worship CAFE. I merely recognize that it is necessary.

We don't live in the world of 1950 any more. We live in 2019, and the years keep adding up.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

If we are going to whine about something, how about the impending death of the two door pickup truck?

Comment

Working...
                                X