Are 80s mini trucks collectible yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are 80s mini trucks collectible yet?

My older brother finally decided he didn't need his one-owner 87 Mazda B2000 any more. So he sold it to me cheap. Needs a few things fixed, the paint has some Tucson sun fading, the interior is nice, 120k miles.

Do people pay money for nice 32 year old Japanese pickups? I'd hate to see it turned into a work truck and get beat to crap. And it's a tad underpowered (and way too 1980s) for me to keep very long, I expect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	mazda.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	1230439
    Last edited by squirrel; February 5, 2019, 02:41 PM.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Everything is collectible to someone.

That thing is begging to be lowered with some 195/50-15's on period correct wheels, with a boomin stereo and dancing bed.

Oh and a neon pink 'wong' running down the side.

edit: Quick Google search.

Click image for larger version  Name:	10846097_837364079618729_3304074670009629934_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	1230445
    Last edited by BBR; February 5, 2019, 03:58 PM.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

a tunnel rammed 302 ford & a C4 fit nicely. just saying..............

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
        Everything is collectible to someone.

That thing is begging to be lowered with some 195/50-15's on period correct wheels, with a boomin stereo and dancing bed.

Oh and a neon pink 'wong' running down the side.

edit: Quick Google search.

Click image for larger version Name:	10846097_837364079618729_3304074670009629934_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	1230445
        BBR's post needs a warning label . . . .

Why not sell the unwanted imported mini to FCA . . . . they know what to do with such garbage . . .

Comment

how much do you want for it Jim? I am in the market for a clean little pickup.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I guess we'll have to talk, Joe. It does have a carb instead of EFI, so there's that...

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              I guess we'll have to talk, Joe. It does have a carb instead of EFI, so there's that...
              I'll give you a call this week.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

ok. I posted a few pics on my fb page, too.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

That would be a sweet little truck for someone. I'm thinking Joe would be JUST the right guy for it. Question answered (though it has a small frontal area and would make a great little LSR truck).

Dan

Comment

Nice, unmolested 80's Japanese cars and trucks are starting to gain popularity since most of them got used up and tossed. Quite a few people who bought one back in the day ,probably their first "new" vehicle are looking to reclaim their youth. I've had my 85 Corolla for three years now and I've had lots of people ask if it's for sale because they "had one just like it when they were 18".
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Clean examples of those trucks sell for 2-3k in the rustbelt. People turn them into lowriders around here. Nearly every one of those trucks I got at the junkyard was broke in half or on it's way to being broke in half. Most of them ran, they just developed 'hinged' framerails behind the cab. Nice score though. They're decent little trucks, even the carb'd ones get good mileage.
                      Last edited by tardis454; February 6, 2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I’ve always wanted a Chevy luv. Last one I found was like 2500 and all rusted out

Comment

I owned a 1980 Toyota SR-5. One of my most reliable, durable, and favorite vehicles. Put about 275K on the clock.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by chevybuytroy View Post
                            I’ve always wanted a Chevy luv. Last one I found was like 2500 and all rusted out
                            Frank Zappa: Give me your dirty LUV......

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X