No announcement yet.

Can the ugly be hot rodded out of THIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the ugly be hot rodded out of THIS?

Click image for larger version

Name:	silverado-HD-fea.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1230801
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

It looks to me like the REAL front fascia was sawed off and the guts are hanging out.

Comment

Easy answer - no.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Name:	truck 2020.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	967.3 KB
ID:	1230816
        Attached Files
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I've had far better nightmares better than that. The Chevy executives should be tested for meth.They've finally lost it, whatever "it" is.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Looks like the ford super duty engineers went to work for chevy truck . It can be hot rodded but it'd still be a ugly 2 wheel drive truck since the front is massive . Not a bad 4x4 look though . In 4x4s massive is an attribute .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Plus the wheels.... The final insult, the icing on the t**d.

Comment

Seems you didn't get the memo.
                They need to lower the café.
                building pretty trucks, will only make more soccer moms. want them, you'll note that the smaller truck looks much better. there is a reason for this.
                They want the BRO haulers, and malll dozers. out of the full sized trucks.

Think the o/p forgot that it is a TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not a hot rod.
                Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; February 8, 2019, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Name:	silverado-HD-fea.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1230801
                  WOW - as an avid Chevy hatter - this is a hard line to take BUTTTTT

Aren't there any customizers left out there?
                  Do a bumper delete and replace it with a roll pan.
                  Take the grill our and replace it with a finned aluminum piece (I prefer horizontal)
                  Not quite sure on the lights - probably wrap the sheetmetal around a bit and put some hidden headlights on it.

Also, doesn't it sit awfully high to be a two wheel drive - I thought it looked like a 4X4

Comment

I've usually had a preference for GMCs styling on the trucks. No different this time but I definitely think there's room for the automotive aftermarket here.
                    " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

I think the "wall of grille" on those is the most dumb-assed thing. Of-course they're not doing it to sell less trucks, the bigger the grille these days the more manly the driver feels, if they need the help, and apparently lots of people with money still do.

I once saw a skateboarder about run over by such a truck. Two things caused it; one being the kid went in front of the truck while it was a stop sign which didn't seem that unreasonable, the second was the driver of the truck could not see him at all and drove forward. The kid was literally clawing at the grille trying to keep from going under while onlookers screamed and waved which is the only thing that averted disaster. Would have never happened in a good old-fashioned GMT 400.

So how are you going to go off-roading in that barge when you can't see anything within the first 50 feet in front of you? Thing's a joke.

Comment

I'm going to need some darker sunglasses.

Name:	ray.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1230870
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

My question is ,"who would want to?"........
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post

So how are you going to go off-roading in that barge when you can't see anything within the first 50 feet in front of you? Thing's a joke.
                            a front vision camera of course.

" You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

The only good thing I can say about the styling is that at least you can't see that grille from the driver's seat. And it looks like all of the visually offensive bits unbolt. Changing out the grille and that chrome mustache should go a long way.

Comment

Working...
                              X