My 3 hour stumper at work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3 hour stumper at work today

Customer brought in a 2012 ford f150 ecoboost saying his cooling fans were running all the time. I hooked the scanner to it, no codes. I thought well I better check the relays and fuses,all good. Plugged IDS into it and thought I'd check to make sure the sensors were working properly. Engine temp was normal, ambient temp was fine,as well for barometric. Then I thought I'll see what A/C pressure would be, even in the winter and surely has been used for a while. A/C pressure sensor showed 405 psi! Wow I thought, bet the sensor went bad. I wanted to get a second opinion so I hooked it to the A/C machine. Pressure was pegging 350psi on the low side. So... not a sensor issue, I have a blockage somewhere. The service manager is going to call the customer before I go any further to get the ok. Im betting the condensor is plugged from, well, something. Hopefully watever it is, it didnt come apart and ruin the whole system.

On a further note if you guys have any automatic transmission questions I'm still here to help out with that even though I'm not around it as much anymore. Working at a ford dealership now I have the inside for you ford guys who might need vin numbers ran for recall updates or any TSB.s Ican find for you to help any concerns

Might have to change your user name to fordbytroy ! HAHA . Good to see you around here .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      Might have to change your user name to fordbytroy ! HAHA . Good to see you around here .
      Thanks dan and no, I still have my Chevys lol. I’m not switching teams

Comment

Originally posted by chevybuytroy View Post
        Then I thought I'll see what A/C pressure would be, even in the winter and surely has been used for a while.
        you don't need to use the defroster up there this time of year? hmmm...strange

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Good that you have a good gig. Cars is cars - no doubt your experience still applies.

Dan

Comment

Working...
          X