This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Internet Forum Syndrome

There's something to it, but I think almost all of it is great. Meeting folks in person, making friends and typing stuff on the screen to pass the time. Especially when you already know who you're typing at.

There are others who have another motive. I just don't "get it" - first I'm not all that smart, not that complicated. It's confusing.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

You are unusual in that you actually want to meet these folks. My guess is very few people on the net want discourse with those on the other end of the screen. I post a BUNCH of places throughout the day, and I can count on two hands the folks I actually would spend time with. HINT: It's on music forums - not car forums.

I had no desire to meet Peewee, but I was glad I did. We had fun, and I know for a fact there are people here who thought we were going to throw down. Must have been disappointing for them.
    Last edited by studemax; February 8, 2019, 03:47 PM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      there are people here who thought we were going to throw down. .
      I sure did. Peace, however, is not a disappointment.

Comment

People try to be the coolest in the room but the only way to BE it is NOT to try.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I've met some great folks through the Internet ..also some complete assholes.. same thing at the local bar. There are some forums and net places that I just don't go too much anymore including Facebook. Ive grown weary of virtue signaling, trolling, and net "edge lords" .
          " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

Ive never tried to be cool but and nice as I can be. My son and I have met a few of you guys and was one of the best weekends we have had and still brings up that memory once in a while

Comment

If I try to be cool I end up putting on a coat . . . .

BTW, on a car site shouldn't it be "kool" . . Like kool kustom kemps, man . . . .

Comment

I’ve met many folks from the net ....some I’ve avoided on purpose.....one of the coolest meets was when Marc and I got together in Barcelona
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
                  "edge lords" .
                  Okay, I had to look that one up;

Noun. edgelord (informal, derogatory, Internet slang) Someone who attempts to seem edgy by doing or saying risque or offensive things.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Okay, I had to look that one up;

Noun. edgelord (informal, derogatory, Internet slang) Someone who attempts to seem edgy by doing or saying risque or offensive things.
                    WOW - now that describes a couple of our newer participants pretty accurately in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                      We had fun
                      Stude, thanks again for all of that. That was really neat to be there, that was a cool deal.
                      Last edited by pdub; February 8, 2019, 07:54 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's like reruns, post the same thing a different way, every 9 months or so.
                        From what I can gather,
                        This place was much busier before the inhouse troll made it his personal playground.
                        When you push more away than you gain.
                        well, Some say................................

Comment

I can't imagine putting all that energy into plotting and scheming like a few seem to do. I just be me and that's the best I can muster. Cool, not cool - no clue on that one. I do BS (obviously), a Mercedes forum which I started hanging out on to pick up a little info on Mutt's engine (they seem like mostly great folks) and I have a limited presence on FB to keep up with the kids and older Grands and it works for that. That's all the energy I'm willing to put out there online with the rest of my energy going into work in the shop or, lately, putting the house in order following Florence. Oh, and sleeping......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                            It's like reruns, post the same thing a different way, every 9 months or so.
                            From what I can gather,
                            This place was much busier before the inhouse troll made it his personal playground.
                            When you push more away than you gain.
                            well, Some say................................
                            Like a guy that rolls out of bed on a Saturday morning and puts up ELEVEN posts in an hour or so.
                            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

WOW - now that describes a couple of our newer participants pretty accurately in my opinion.
                              the truth is not an insult, and reality is not an attack

Comment

Working...
                              X