Your High School Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubbed Pacecar View Post
    In Grade 11 (1978), I bought a used Yamaha RD 350 (Air Cooled), although it still had stock exhaust, there had been some porting done on the jugs, and it was pretty quick!

Like this one off Google images, I don't think we ever took a pic of mine....

Click image for larger version  Name:	MVC-001F.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	1231366

In Grade 12 (1979), while working after school at the Honda dealer doing set-ups, I ended up buying a brand spanking new Yamaha RD 400 DYATONA
    SPECIAL (because the price discount the Honda dealer was going to give me on a new Honda Hawk was a joke), and the Yamaha dealer, knowing I would drive it to work at the Honda shop every day after school, gave me a SMOKIN deal It was hilarious to walk outside from the shop, to find several people looking over my bike, and it was like that almost all the time!! haha

(We DID take pics of this bike, but they're all hard copy, no digital pics on hand, so again with the google images...)

**Not sure where pics was taken, but for the bike geeks, the Canadian models had different cyllinder heads than the US models, due to emissions BS, and were (in stock form) a wee bit quicker than the US Model.
    These bikes were punching out of their weight class, embarrassed a few guys on bigger bikes with mine

James

Click image for larger version  Name:	yamahard400-1979-12.jpg Views:	1 Size:	316.0 KB ID:	1231367

Those RD's blew away alot of bigger bikes on the twisties.. Coworker had one.. I had an 850 Yamaha triple.. He stayed right with me in corners..

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	streetrodder55A.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	1231355

Well Dan I still got the girl........ and the car is gone
      We celebrate 50 years of marriage this coming June
      Good for you two! I've been married nearly 50 years myself but that's, sadly, to 3 women. That was NOT my initial plan.

Comment

The motorcycle thing has pinged the memory bank a bit
        I guess my first ride was a Sears Moped in 1963...........it was used and had a beer can for a muffler but damn it was fun
        Looked pretty much like this one

Name:	moped a.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1231399
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

When the song Little Honda came out by The Hondells..........a friend of mine got
          a Honda 90
          That look with the tear drop tank.......damn I fell in love with 'em.

I would've given anything to have owned one.........we went all over the place on that thing
          Every time I hear that song today I think of a Honda 90.........much like this one.

Name:	honda 90.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	1231402
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

Name:	streetrodder55A.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	1231355

Well Dan I still got the girl........ and the car is gone
            We celebrate 50 years of marriage this coming June
            I think that's great! Now I must clarify something as I did the first time I posted that picture, the girl in the photo was actually my girlfriend's best friend. I have to keep the memory of that pic intact for that period of time.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Ed (oletrux4evr) reminded me of another ride I got to drive in High School, our family car that my Dad drove, a 1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser wood-grained station wagon. It had a 350 cubic-inch Rocket V8, three-speed Turbo Hydra-matic transmission, power steering and power front disc brakes, all standard equipment .. drove like a Cadillac too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	1232727

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                Ed (oletrux4evr) reminded me of another ride I got to drive in High School, our family car that my Dad drove, a 1973 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser wood-grained station wagon. It had a 350 cubic-inch Rocket V8, three-speed Turbo Hydra-matic transmission, power steering and power front disc brakes, all standard equipment. Drove like a Cadillac too.

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1232727
                And great on dates too!
                Thom

Comment

Name:	60falcon1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1232763 My 60 Falcon was my first car, bought in 87 with paper route and lawn mowing money. It was bone stock with 23k miles on it, 3 on the tree. Served me well and I still have it.

Comment

Working...
                  X