Your High School Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your High School Rides

When I was at the Bowling Green event recently, I spotted a '56 Ford that was damn near identical to my first car.
    It damn near identical........right down to the wheels and color scheme.

I turned 16 in '65..........bought this car for $95 (about $800 in today's money).
    First thing that lured me into the vehicle was it had a Foxcraft 3 speed floor conversion.......I was hooked.
    Had the Y block in it and ran pretty damn good.
    Curious what other forum members had for their high school rides.......given the spread in our demographics.

Attached Files
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

This was a '59 Impala rag top that came later..........we pulled a 283 and stabbed a 348 in it.
    My love of W engines started then.

Those chrome reverse wheels came from a Sears Catalog store..........I believe 19.95 each back then.

Click image for larger version  Name:	impala 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	446.9 KB ID:	1231152
    Last edited by Monk; February 10, 2019, 08:32 AM.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

when things were going really rough, we had to drive the family station wagon. That SUCKED!!!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Then finally..........this '55 Chevy came along..........I had it right after graduation.
        I entered the military 2 weeks after I graduated so it sat for awhile.
        It had a 348 tri power engine with 3 speed on the floor........with over drive.
        Bucket seats from an old panel wagon.....old school.

This pic was taken when I was home on leave (July '68) and was selling it the next day.
        Broke and needed the money for plane ticket back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	scan0001.jpg Views:	1 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	1231160
        Last edited by Monk; February 10, 2019, 08:33 AM.
        Thom

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          when things were going really rough, we had to drive the family station wagon. That SUCKED!!!
          My first night out on the town when I got my driver's license was in my dad's '59 Rambler wagon..........yeah sucked!
          Thom

Comment

Last summer I took a road trip to my home town's high school in my '55 and took a photo of it in front of our
            old auto mechanic's shop.
            Back then a god send for guys to work on their cars on the cheap......and get some much needed help from shop teacher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trip8.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	623.5 KB
ID:	1231163
            Thom

Comment

My first car bought August 1980 when I was 17...

Name:	carfall1980.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1231171

I still have it..

Name:	2011 Night of fire.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	811.3 KB
ID:	1231169
              Attached Files
              " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

Mine was a '67 Nova SS. Can't find a maroon one, but I loved all the little details.

Name:	nova.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	1231175
                Last edited by RockJustRock; February 10, 2019, 10:24 AM.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  Mine was a '67 Nova SS. Can't find a maroon one, but I loved all the little details.

Name:	nova.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	1231175
                  One of my favorites...........Marina Blue was a popular color back then
                  Thom

Comment

Someday I will have that trunk bezel as a wall hanger.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

No driving in high school in Europe due to age restrictions, so this was my first car in college - 550cc and 26hp of snarling vertical twin hand-me-down!

Name:	daihatsu-domino-daihatsu-domino-198085-maxresdefault-jpg.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	1231180
                      4 speed manual, and a 4-valve head - 2 cylinders, 2 valves which made de-coking pretty easy......

Weighed about 1200lbs.

Comment

The Summer after my Sophomore year I bought my first vehicle, a 1972 Yamaha CS200 motorcycle that my Mom was never very happy about me riding around. The next Summer she decided upon a plan to eradicate the evil machine from the family and said she wanted a new car, proposing that I buy her current grocery getter. Mom & Dad put together a package deal; the car, new Michelin tires and one year's insurance .. to which I readily agreed. Mom was understandably disappointed when I sold the bike to my younger Brother. Anyhow, here is my first car, a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 with a 318ci automatic and my dog Gus.

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1231182

Comment

My high school vehicle was an 84 s-10 in 2002. My dad fixed it up when I was little and always loved it. In 2 years though I blew up that 2.8 3 times so my dad wasn’t liking the truck anymore. I don’t blame him. I was hard on that truck. I still own it. Could have sold it over and Over but never wanted too. I ended up putting the body on a k5 blazer. Someday it may get finished
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                            The Summer after my Sophomore year I bought my first vehicle, a 1972 Yamaha CS200 motorcycle that my Mom was never very happy about me riding around. The next Summer she decided upon a plan to eradicate the evil machine from the family and said she wanted a new car, proposing that I buy her current grocery getter. Mom & Dad put together a package deal; the car, new Michelin tires and one year's insurance .. to which I readily agreed. Mom was understandably disappointed when I sold the bike to my younger Brother. Anyhow, here is my first car, a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 with a 318ci automatic and my dog Gus.

Views:	37
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1231182
                            That was a great body style........and you could recognize the sound of a 318 starting a block away
                            Thom

Comment

Here is my '72 Yamaha CS200 (twin 90cc two-stroke), which had both a kick and electric start. Yeah, it was metallic purple and I had a pair of matching Bell helmets .. damn I was stylin'.

Views:	32
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	1231191

Views:	33
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1231188
                              Attached Files

Comment