This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic Closed

Okay, we are seeing a recurrent theme here. Can nobody else see it? This is a family of brothers, or it should be. "Topic Closed" is deserved, or Steve wouldn't do it at all. I'm sure we're not making his task any fun at all. There's a common denominator. Every time.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Well, don't use vulgar words, and don't pick on members and they not get closed.
    Simple really.
    But you have to be grand poobaah.
    and will do anything and everything to remove anyone that takes your ego down a notch.
    And by that I mean push your "look at me" threads down the page, you can't have that.
    Fact is you've single handedly killed this place. and the fact that those that have been here a decade plus are p.m.'ing me. proves it.

Comment

If you don't like his threads, why aren't you posting more that you think is relevant? You are more than capable of doing so. You can generate interest without being a jerk in anything you don't like. Or being a jerk in general. If you don't like it, move on. No one is forcing you to read it.

Quit complaining. Quit being a prick. Generate content you like and think is appropriate. It's easy, quick, and simple.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

So far, every post in this thread contains some truths.

Comment

I've had a couple of threads that went badly off track and I wasn't the one pushing the train off the rails. Steve closed those and I was glad he did.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            Well I sure want to derail that!

I don't understand why anyone thinks pDub has killed Bangshift. He seems like a fun guy and I'm often entertained by his stream-of-consciousness observations (most of which eventually work their way back to automobiles . . . . ).

No one is going to confuse pDub with Roger Huntington or Marlin Davis. But so what? Few if any read the general forum for hard core "tech" anyhow.

Message boards are passe now. Most folks want more control over whom they socialize with. A lot of people have figured out that message boards can become huge time sucks where almost no minds are ever changed.

Also, this place has virtually no traffic-driving "celebrities" appearing anymore (i.e. Roadkillers DF and his goofy sidekick, Douglas Glad, Johnny Hunkins . . . ) and the owners rarely show up anymore. Most of the heavy posters are retired guys these days. So it's more like a small neighborhood watering hole. The days of epic 15 page-a-day threads are over (not that the "regulars" seemed to enjoy them).

I tend to agree with the sentiment that if you don't like a particular thread, just move on to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

I don't understand why anyone thinks pDub has killed Bangshift. He seems like a fun guy and I'm often entertained by his stream-of-consciousness observations (most of which eventually work their way back to automobiles . . . . ).

No one is going to confuse pDub with Roger Huntington or Marlin Davis. But so what? Few if any read the general forum for hard core "tech" anyhow.

Message boards are passe now. Most folks want more control over whom they socialize with. A lot of people have figured out that message boards can become huge time sucks where almost no minds are ever changed.

Also, this place has virtually no traffic-driving "celebrities" appearing anymore (i.e. Roadkillers DF and his goofy sidekick, Douglas Glad, Johnny Hunkins . . . ) and the owners rarely show up anymore. Most of the heavy posters are retired guys these days. So it's more like a small neighborhood watering hole. The days of epic 15 page-a-day threads are over (not that the "regulars" seemed to enjoy them).

I tend to agree with the sentiment that if you don't like a particular thread, just move on to something else.
              That's well thought out, not intended to provoke, and makes a lot of sense. Thank you. Really.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                Well, don't use vulgar words, and don't pick on members and they not get closed.
                Simple really.
                But you have to be grand poobaah.
                and will do anything and everything to remove anyone that takes your ego down a notch.
                And by that I mean push your "look at me" threads down the page, you can't have that.
                Fact is you've single handedly killed this place. and the fact that those that have been here a decade plus are p.m.'ing me. proves it.
                Someday you will have an idea and start a thread. Until then don't feel too bad about the fact you have so little to contribute. Watch, learn and someday YOU may vie for the position of "Grand Poobah". If others are having more fun the thing to do is figure out how to have more fun yourself, NOT to bring down their good time. If decrying the fun others have is YOUR idea of fun you are truly a sick person.

Let's close THIS thread too before somebody comes up with an argument in favor of the "other side"!
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Overall, maybe better weather and better health will bring better moods. Maybe cabin fever is wrecking us all.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    Overall, maybe better weather and better health will bring better moods. Maybe cabin fever is wrecking us all.
                    Roy Orbison: YOU GOT IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                      Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

watch this?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I miss the 10 or more page threads. Those were fun. I just came back from a 2 year hiatus and glad to see the same group that has helped me through things in the past. I missed this place

Comment

i like doughnuts.....

i mean i *REALLY* like doughnuts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	truth3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1231450

Comment

Originally posted by chevybuytroy View Post
                            I miss the 10 or more page threads. Those were fun. I just came back from a 2 year hiatus and glad to see the same group that has helped me through things in the past. I missed this place
                            I'd bet Speedy would like to come back from his hiatus . . . What's it been? Five years? That's quite the "time out" . . . . Just sayin'

Comment

Anybody remember any of these notable banee's ?

38P
                              Casper
                              G-Motive
                              Jenkins Fan
                              Mark
                              NewEnglandRaceFan
                              propsterguy
                              TC

Comment

Working...
                              X