This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Career - What a Novel Concept

I had a long and lucky career and I'm done with that. 41 years, same outfit. So, now what?

I'm thinking,,,, we're well taken care of here at our house, it's only about how to pass the time. I'll go apply for a menial job I don't even want. I mean, not even a fit for me. And if I'm rejected I'll refer to my 41 year work record and suggest that I am in cahoots with a certain lawyer that may sue them for age discrimination since I'm 61.

So, just get inside. And see how it works. And for the first time in my life, let the boss give me a rash of something..... the reason you swallow your guts at work is the fear of unemployment. So let New Boss do something to me I don't like......well, maybe that's just a fantasy.

Plus, I'd have to tell so many lies as to why I wanted to get hired and would probably end up making friends with the folks there anyhow. Alright, more thinking.
    Last edited by pdub; February 11, 2019, 10:27 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I suggest Walmart greeter.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      I suggest Walmart greeter.
      Believe me, I rehearsed that line for years, thinking it was a joke. But don't you have to stand up all day to do that? Or will they let you sit on one of those little electric scooter carts?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

So, you can't find things to fill your time. So you are going to fill a job slot that someone starting out should be filling, because you have no life?
        How did boomers screw up so bad in life that they can't enjoy their retired years . and relax and fill their time with hobbies.
        HERE IS AN IDEA. volunteer and give back. I know I know, "no one's got time for that"

or is that off the table. because, you are being forced back to work, from bad planning. not being bored. and having no life.?
        Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; February 11, 2019, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure I already suggested hobbies and so on to Peewee...

Also, your new hobby should be getting lost.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Our Wally world greeters have chairs.....
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              Pretty sure I already suggested hobbies and so on to Peewee...

Also, your new hobby should be getting lost.
              noted you skipped over the VOLUNTEERING and helping others.
              TELLING.

Comment

Steve - Just wondering , can we vote a troll be banned . I'm just about ready to ban myself .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  Steve - Just wondering , can we vote a troll be banned . I'm just about ready to ban myself .
                  I'll take that as another vote for not volunteer time to help others. to fill up his free time.
                  got it.

Comment

Working...
                  X