Gasser Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    Pure Ethanol? Wouldn't that make it an Alcoholer rather than a Gasser? I had heard E85. Also, I haven't been following closely, did it have that kind of cage cert from the beginning?
    The cage has not changed since I first installed it when Freiburger and I first put the car together. It was certified three years ago when I got serious about racing drag week. It's good to 8.50, which I have a feeling we'll be up against the next time I run the car. I have no desire to put the bars into the cage that will make it cert to a quicker ET. IMO a Funny Car cage doesn't look at all right in a Gasser.

Comment

IMHO a "funny car" cage is out of place in a funny car. I'm old but I go back to when they were called a dragster cage. Hundreds of Logghe frame cars and I can't recall much injury due to compartment incursion. A rigid perimeter and adequate restraint like NASCAR seems more appropriate.

Have you ever considered starting a new trend with the "shoebox" style cars that started Pro Mod?
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Got to ask Mr Finnegan, will that boat ever see the water?
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

blasphemi is the inspiration for my 55 belvedere gasser. ( and im sure literally THOUSANDS
          of other 55-57 gasser projects out there ) although i hope to have mine driving for maybe 1/10th
          the cost or less, and id be happy with 12s or 11s as is street driven.

Comment

I didn't see it elsewhere, so may I say, Thanks for sharing the link Ed, and Congratulations to Mike for the win! Enjoy keeping your beard.... I had to shave mine for 2 years for job and I'm happy that I've got mine back!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

when do us cheapskates get to see the race..
              I watched all the buildup to it, and left hanging with my 1.95 I will dispend at family dollar.

found it.

front end shake for the bald faced guy.
              love the old school mentality of all this.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 15, 2019, 07:52 AM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The Hoonigan video

Tim
                Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

That was quite a run... makes me want to recreate my dad's car...

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                  X