Separated at birth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separated at birth?

Those goofy aero bed caps from the latest Scrapple...

Click image for larger version

Name:	aerox-fastback-truck-bed-cap-1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1231751

and Maximum Destruction...

They love that kind of stuff over at EcoModder . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
      They love that kind of stuff over at EcoModder . . . .

Dang, GP! Looks like that thing ran headlong into a minivan front clip. I wonder what it's results would be in a wind tunnel?

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; February 12, 2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

The one thing that none of the EcoModders seem to have is wind tunnel access (or actual professional body work skills for the most part) You need precautionary eye-wash if you're looking at photos on EcoModder. But their threads are often highly entertaining.

Comment

They COULD do like the Wright Brothers and build a scale model wind tunnel and a mini-mess to put in it to see what REALLY happens. But data would probably ruin their fantasies.

Dan

Comment

already proven, it is still a negative pressure causing lift. an open bed will just have an ebb and flow to the cargo you can stack sky high.

I won't even understand it. The aero on hevay steel down low, and earth crawler.
            an aircrafts precise signature of final wind is usually a vortex generation to rid the energy we create in and around it.
            I understand the over think there.

not sure why cars and trucks close to the earth, made of steel, are so concerned with aero.
            formula 1 etc..of course they need some science being so light.

anyway...
            I haven't checked out ecomodder in a long time. I still respect that place.
            I sold my subaru not long ago with the very first led I ever tried still in the ever slammed with crap tailgate license plate light.
            They never failed...even in maine.
            12 years.
            I give credit to my LED experiments to ecomodder.
            it is a good place.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 13, 2019, 10:39 AM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              They COULD do like the Wright Brothers and build a scale model wind tunnel and a mini-mess to put in it to see what REALLY happens. But data would probably ruin their fantasies.

Dan
              Confession time: I have always wanted to do that with a project car, but I've never had enough confidence that I could actually build a working scale model wind tunnel which would yield any valid data.

Just typing that makes me realize I'm a useless, ersatz geek. I'll bet guy Joel" Mr. Motion" Rosen, or Jeg Coughlin, Sr., or Grumpy Jenkins or any of the other gunslinging, hair-on-fire rodding legends ever thought about wasting time on such frivolousness . . . .

Comment

Working...
              X