Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car would you build to piss off purists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

But there IS that thing with Mustangs and spectators.
    You had to bring that up didn't you? I'm sure SBG will be right behind this with another coffee hotrod gathering video. They give us all a bad reputation. I've aimed at a few babies in strollers on the sidewalk before but I missed. Bad aim.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

You had to bring that up didn't you? I'm sure SBG will be right behind this with another coffee hotrod gathering video. They give us all a bad reputation. I've aimed at a few babies in strollers on the sidewalk before but I missed. Bad aim.
      Well we'd better watch out. I hear this kind of interplay can kill a forum.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

There are still many who say that a front wheel drive four door sedan isn't a hot rod, but, we still run it , and continue to modify it! Surprising many nay-sayers ....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Coyote-swapped C7 Grand Sport. Give the car the engine it deserves ...

Or eco-boost V6...
          Last edited by Red_Kitty; February 16, 2019, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            There are still many who say that a front wheel drive four door sedan isn't a hot rod, but, we still run it , and continue to modify it! Surprising many nay-sayers ....
            I ain't saying nothing after that Volkswagen hatchback blew Red's doors off on the long straightaway at Road Atlanta. That should have told me something, but it didn't. I'm stubborn, and dumb. And slow on the uptake. More track fees required. Eventually..... ohhhhh nooooooowwwww I get it - those cars are faster. Okay, now I get it.
            Last edited by pdub; February 16, 2019, 05:09 AM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Otherwise, keep it in-house and drop the ATS-V's turbo V6 into a Grand Sport.

Comment

I own a car that pisses off the purists.
                It's an Olds Vista Cruiser, in 442 badging. Has a cutlass hood, 442 wheels.
                Oh......also has a 400/4-speed.
                I think I'll make it into a W-30 as I can afford to. 455, OAI hood.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

New Supra, maybe the first one available to the public, LS9 with twin turbo swap it, plaster it everywhere. That ought get some people riled up. If that doesn't do it I don't know.

Comment

I'd put a GMPP LS385 Connect & Cruise in my C2 ... that will definitely do it.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      I own a car that pisses off the purists.
                      It's an Olds Vista Cruiser, in 442 badging. Has a cutlass hood, 442 wheels.
                      Oh......also has a 400/4-speed.
                      I think I'll make it into a W-30 as I can afford to. 455, OAI hood.

Other than a nomad , worlds coolest wagon .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I own a car that pisses off the purists ... an Olds Vista Cruiser, in 442 badging, cutlass hood, 442 wheels and a 400/4-speed.
                        Love that longroof Ed .. I had a '73 in Burgundy.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Love that longroof Ed .. I had a '73 in Burgundy.
                          Yeah, I owned a '68 back in the early 70s. Always loved that car and looked a very long time to find this one.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I don't care what you build, it's going to piss off someone.

I still daydream this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chevelle.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	546.9 KB
ID:	1232594

those new truck motors coming out, the big gassers.

My 74 went missing to a tow truck company that had to move it while I was working in st. francis maine (canadian border)
                            A rumor had it, that it fouind its way to canada. ..somply blown motor
                            windowed a 350 in 3 ways...as usual, that is my 350 outcomes.

I see the canadian plates on this, the exact color rare sedan I owned...
                            makes me wonder to this day.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'd build a Corvette with maybe a BB MOPAR - that ought to do it. Actually knew a guy with a Pontiac in a '53/54 Vette. It was quick, too.

Dan

Comment

Yeah, I owned a '68 back in the early 70s. Always loved that car and looked a very long time to find this one.
                                Have you Longhauled in it yet, or do you always take 'Earl' ?

Comment

Working...
                                X