Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car would you build to piss off purists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His work was indeed amazing! Really cool guy too. He'a the one that brought me over here from the HRM message board wastelands. I will never understand people. That car was so much better after he got hold of it.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Why would I want to waste my time building a car to piss off purists? I'd rather build a car to have some fun with it. I don't care what purists think about it.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I hear what you are saying Jim, I thought the question would be better framed as;
        "What car would you like to build, that might upset purists" ?

Comment

Anything anyone builds will upset some purists. The rodders will be pissed that you left it stock, the restorers will be pissed that you modified it.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            Anything anyone builds will upset some purists. The rodders will be pissed that you left it stock, the restorers will be pissed that you modified it.
            wholly agree.

and they'll all agree you're doing it wrong.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well actually I was referring to makes and models of cars better off left alone to be crushed and die in peace. Whatever. Posts is posts.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                Well actually I was referring to makes and models of cars better off left alone to be crushed and die in peace. Whatever. Posts is posts.
                Let me see what I can come up with...

A CRX with an LS and Corvette transaxle.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

2.3 Ecoboost in a Pinto hatchback.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    Why would I want to waste my time building a car to piss off purists? I'd rather build a car to have some fun with it. I don't care what purists think about it.
                    Consider it a mental exercise. Take something unloved and unwanted and make something cool and unexpected out of it. It's just a way to get people to think beyond the ordinary stuff. With as much grumbling as I've seen about how hot rodding is dying, or how there's nothing out there to work with or whatever, I think it's kinda cool to shift gears and see how you could use what's more available.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post

Consider it a mental exercise. Take something unloved and unwanted and make something cool and unexpected out of it. It's just a way to get people to think beyond the ordinary stuff. With as much grumbling as I've seen about how hot rodding is dying, or how there's nothing out there to work with or whatever, I think it's kinda cool to shift gears and see how you could use what's more available.
                      Actually you see a car "nobody" likes but YOU like it so you build it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Actually you see a car "nobody" likes but YOU like it so you build it anyway.
                        In that case it would be a 97 Thunderbird with a 4.6 DOHC, 6 speed, etc...
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

I like 'em older....

Click image for larger version  Name:	1994SVTThunderbirdad.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.1 KB ID:	1232784

A lowered '89 T-Bird is like a speed bump you can drive around.
                          Last edited by RockJustRock; February 17, 2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            I own a car that pisses off the purists.
                            It's an Olds Vista Cruiser, in 442 badging. Has a cutlass hood, 442 wheels.
                            Oh......also has a 400/4-speed.
                            I think I'll make it into a W-30 as I can afford to. 455, OAI hood.

very nice-I built one of them a looong time ago! no 4 speed tho

67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                            05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

VistaBruisers

Comment

Gorgeous wagon Scott! I need the hood and air cleaner.........got any leads on one?
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X