No announcement yet.

What Is The Oldest Vehicle You've Had ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is The Oldest Vehicle You've Had ?

Mine was a 1946 Chevrolet AK series two-door pickup truck that I was going to hot rod, but ...
    Pictures please ... if you don't have one of yours, find one like it online and post up your story !

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	1232733

I think it was my '53 Chevy that I bought when I arrived in FL in 1967 - that's a long story. It DID get us around but was not my cup o' tea. No pics that I know of.

EDIT: Dunno who dropped the pic in but mine was black and plain and a 4 door. Not much goin' for it.

ADMIN: I did .. it was the dorkiest one I could find, ha, ha, ha - Monster

Click image for larger version  Name:	53 Chevy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.0 KB ID:	1232750
    Last edited by DanStokes; February 17, 2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

1949 Chevy Deluxe...6 banger Rat Rod
      Purchased in 1966
      Made many trips to the drag strip with it

Pretty close to this one........no hup caps and front bumper removed

Click image for larger version

Name:	chevrolet-deluxe-ii-1949-1952-sedan-2-door-exterior-3.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1232791
      Last edited by Monk; February 17, 2019, 12:10 PM.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Godzilla.

Name:	image_45468.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	1232742
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

My oldest car was a Ford that was supposed to be a 1911 or 12 Model T. It was a frame and several boxes and baskets of parts. No bodywork, radiator or wheels. It took me a few months to get it assembled and running. Sold it to a guy who had a couple sets of wheels. He sold it to a guy who had a bunch of sheet metal parts. I think that family still owns it. I repowered a Model A with a Toyota 1200cc engine and trans, rear end and all the brakes from a 1970ish Corolla. My oldest daily driver was a 1936 Plymouth four door. In high school auto shop class I built a 1948 Ford F1 with a Mopar smal block, two AFB's and pushbutton Torqueflite. It's been all downhill since then.

Weirdest car was a 72 Citroen DS

Oldest motorcycle was a 1936 Scott Flying Squirrel. Really.

Fastest motorcycle was a Kawasaki Z with a turbocharger and suck-through carb kit. 8:50s in the 1/4.

Name:	BOY DRIVING 1913 SQUARE PETROL TANK CHASSIS AT TRAFFORD PARK.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1232753
          Last edited by Guy From Iowa; February 17, 2019, 09:54 AM.
          Many cars have a button on the dash marked 'lighter'. Ever seen one that says 'darker' or 'heavier'? Is it just me?

Comment

Mary's '40 Ford.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

My 1949 Chevrolet. Old picture, wheels are black now.
              seats are currently in upholstery jail....Click image for larger version

Name:	image_32562.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1232797
              Charles

Comment

1928 Chevy. Might be pics in the link in my signature.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

1932 Chevy Sports coupe.... Great Uncle bought it new... Brother bought it from Grandpa and it was a family restoration in the late seventies before dad died in 77... plans are being formulated to resurrect it with a more modern driveline and brakes!
                  Not ours pictured, but similar...

Name:	tacoma-5.jpg?1457547665.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	1232851
                  Last edited by silver_bullet; February 17, 2019, 03:24 PM.
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    1928 Chevy. Might be pics in the link in my signature.
                    Is that the one you drug in out of the desert and had running the next day?
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

yeah, but it was a couple weeks, not the next day. Fun project!

This was originally a coupe, but the body disappeared some time over the past several decades. Sitting on a ranch not far from me, luck got me to be the first

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

'40 Ford in high school. Never saw the road & I moved on to my first (of many) '56 Chevy before the end of the same school year.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I am too young for this..
                          but first vehicle driven was an early 50s chevy tow tuck. Still on the road with original build in 1983.
                          I drove it around a parking lot next our house.

I simply fell into early 70s...first vehicles.
                          in a good environment, I could do more than daydream of really old.

Glad you guys get to some. We get to see them too...
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	1232892
                            1960 Ford Falcon.
                            Currently gathering parts and dust.
                            Last edited by Teddyzee; February 17, 2019, 06:25 PM.
                            1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                            1997 Mustang GT
                            sigpic

Comment

Oldest running vehicle - 54 Studebaker truck, oldest vehicle? the cowl that's likely a 29 C cab cowl which is hanging on my wall as decoration.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X