Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Cars Be Forced To Display Event Sponsors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where's the "report post" button?

I though we weren't supposed to be posting religious stuff here.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Okay, Boss, I'll scrub my post. Nice to see such tolerance evidenced here.

One wonders how three little initials and a link to a family-friendly RACING website with John Force's photo and video on it and is sponsored by "KALITTA MOTORSPORTS, DON SCHUMACHER RACING, AND CLAY MILLICAN RACING" and many others is really all that horrible.
      Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; February 18, 2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I should think; it's the promoter + sponsor's event: they can make you do whatever they like. You're welcome to not participate.

If you don't feel your link to a commonly-known racing-related site violated the rules then don't take it down.
        Last edited by Loren; February 18, 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Not saying I agree or don't, just, all be fair.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rules.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1232988

It's the rules. You can follow the rules, or not follow the rules. Not following the rule might have consequences you don't like. It's up to you.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The three initials and the innocuous website link didn't violate any rules. It's not as if I posted any quotes or made any overt religious or political statements or posted even one photo of any of the many racing cars (including my own) which bear the stickers in competition..
              Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; February 18, 2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I suppose it's a matter of interpretation there. If G.P. had gone preaching one-way-or-the-other in words that I read here in the course of normal perusing, I'd call that N.G.

(If the link went to a Not-Safe-For-Work photo etc. that's going to be a bad surprise and violate whoever's office rules when it comes up, then also not OK .)

The link which you would have to actively pursue yourself that goes to a name that's on stickers on people's race cars...gonna have to let that one slide.

I of-course do not have any authority to interpret rules for anyone so that one's actually up to Steve. I'm just being what I think is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post

If you don't feel your link to a commonly-known racing-related site violated the rules then don't take it down.
                  It didn't. But Squirrel has a lot more "stroke" with the powers that be, so I chose to go another mile voluntarily, which is one of the things that the locally malum prohibitum (https://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1202) part of myself I dare not even mention on here teaches me . . . .

The Team [three Initials censored] racers organization (a 501(3)(c) charity staffed by unpaid volunteers, BTW) has a recognized presence and scheduled meeting at every NHRA national event [link to schedule censored] and most NHRA-affiliated tracks [link censored] . So obviously it's not safe to mention even in passing on the Bangshift forum.

Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; February 18, 2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Now you're being ridiculous. I think the powers-that-be around here go quite a ways to keep things fair for everybody. Mygawd the worst guy on here gets plenty of room...

Comment

I'll have everybody pissed at me by the time I'm done here...

Comment

I'm not mad at you Loren. But I'm leaving, too.

Comment

no. especially if it goes against their own sponsors (example: a ford at a chevy sponsored event).
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Well if we just all act like we're guests in the site-owner's home (well, garage) going along with the spirit of their preferences, all is best. And OK to wander off when things get weird, off-track, heated etc.

Comment

Damn, I read posts here four hours ago, and then.....
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Some may note that the last two paragraphs of a sub-page of a page linked in the footer of Post No. 16 above concern two different, purportedly verboten topics. See http://selectric.org/aboutme.html. . .

I have no objection because merely linking to a webpage that might or might not have malum prohibitum content is not overt shilling for any position, and one assumes the risk of clicking on any off-site links. . I understand that some high-post-count readers, however, disagree with this reasonable position (even as their own expressive conduct may be inconsistent).

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X