The Case of the Broken Basketball Shoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Andy I''m still contemplating bringing my race costume and helmet in April if you're actually still willing to let me make a run in Kitty. I don't think I'll bring Red, still just mulling the whole situation over. I'll probably just bring the truck and some junk. More phone calls to complete. Mystery unsolved.
    No problem - how fast did you say the truck goes?

Next time you talk to CJ, can we get Raceday updated to show the April registered attendees, not last September's?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

No problem - how fast did you say the truck goes?

Next time you talk to CJ, can we get Raceday updated to show the April registered attendees, not last September's?
      Will do, as can. I'll "pass" that along (see the inference?).
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
        I say it's a tempest in a tea pot. A good indicator of that is that P started this thread about it, therefore - not really important.
        If I ever did anything important, then I'd start getting nervous...out of my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

If I ever did anything important, then I'd start getting nervous...out of my comfort zone.
          This is one of the reasons why I like you, Peewee. You don't take yourself too seriously.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1483917142248.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1233677
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Well, Nike is 'investigating'. The player will end up with an endorsement contract and shoes for life.
            Lookin' good!

In strictly business terms, the Duke forward's injury might end up making him more money. The market for Zion's first shoe deal just got even more competitive.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Lookin' good!
              I'm just glad in a way I saw it. I was "there" on that TV channel anyhow. I intentionally left the TV on that channel and waited for that game to start. I want to see him play after hearing so much about him.

Well,that took less than a minute. Did I watch the rest of the game? Nope, I didn't even think about it. Whatta bust.

Comment

Must be that Nike/Kaepernick curse.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I curse Nike often about Kaepernick.... must be something in the shoes, usually that smell is on the outside after walking through a dog park but in his case, it permeates from the inside out.

That said, I'm thankful that pro-athletes seem to have collectively (and actors) jumped the shark tank ... I have better things to do with my time, their actions have made it easy to turn them to the 'off' position. I begrudge them nothing, but that is also how much difference they make to my life. Seeing one city's millionaires beat up on the other city's millionaires really isn't that interesting.

Oh and if Nike shoes are on sale and I need shoes.... yeah, I'm buying...

except Gillette, they became toxic to me.... though I'm sure $1 a day razor has been basking in their newfound wealth... point is, Bette Midler was right - she didn't care if you were talking about her, just that you were talking about her. For whatever bothers you, someone freak will think it's the coolest thing ever.... just look at those fools who love C3 Corvettes....

and finally, I have plenty of irritants - and the danger to me is spending my waking hours mad at everything.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Funny, while I was writing the above - this song was playing in the background....
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      I curse Nike often about Kaepernick.... must be something in the shoes, usually that smell is on the outside after walking through a dog park but in his case, it permeates from the inside out.

That said, I'm thankful that pro-athletes seem to have collectively (and actors) jumped the shark tank ... I have better things to do with my time, their actions have made it easy to turn them to the 'off' position. I begrudge them nothing, but that is also how much difference they make to my life. Seeing one city's millionaires beat up on the other city's millionaires really isn't that interesting.

Oh and if Nike shoes are on sale and I need shoes.... yeah, I'm buying...

except Gillette, they became toxic to me.... though I'm sure $1 a day razor has been basking in their newfound wealth... point is, Bette Midler was right - she didn't care if you were talking about her, just that you were talking about her. For whatever bothers you, someone freak will think it's the coolest thing ever.... just look at those fools who love C3 Corvettes....

and finally, I have plenty of irritants - and the danger to me is spending my waking hours mad at everything.
                      New Balance is a better shoe and made in USA (supposedly)
                      I got 5-E wide feet. (or1-H) Nikes too narrow for me, even wide ones.
                      Nobody in my family buys Nikes.... Granddaughters wear UA baseball shoes..

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                        I say it's a tempest in a tea pot. A good indicator of that is that P started this thread about it, therefore - not really important.
                        think you may want to re-read your tag line.
                        you know, the quote from prince?

the word is "hypocrisy"................

Comment

Sign of what you get when you buy an item put together with slave labor. to save a buck.
                          For a sport made up of mostly the same group that is still butt hurt 150+ years later over slavery, they seem to have no quams about supporting it as long as it is out of sight ,out of mind.
                          But then again, Nike has no money for their product because they gave that anthem kneeler millions, to fight for the oppressed. You have to laugh, at just how sad the whole thing is.

Comment

It's interesting, like Dan said, that it happened when it did. One in a million perhaps. But all the stars in the galaxy lined up and there it was. I've had a flat tire on a race track before but I've never "blown" one. Not like that. That was total equipment failure. With damage. With a huge TV audience and great expectations. The timing of it was uncanny.

Comment

I never got the whole sports ball thing to begin with. Makes no sense to me. Even as a kid I was never into it much, but I haven't paid attention to pro sports since the 90's and the only reason I paid attention to college at all was because I lived right by UT for awhile. Couldn't escape it there, so might as well get into it. I hope this young mans injury isn't enough to end a career before it starts, but I'm not going to pay attention either way.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

News at noon says Nike lost 1 billion in stock value since the shoe boomed....

Comment

Working...
                                X