No announcement yet.

Found something cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a super cool car. What did you see in that Craigslist ad that peaked your interest? I wouldn't have called, but o am glad you did!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
      That is a super cool car. What did you see in that Craigslist ad that peaked your interest? I wouldn't have called, but o am glad you did!
      I was looking at a 68 Firebird. The Fiero was next to it, and the Ranchero in the background.

Comment

The opening scene from this video shows the Ranchero. The full video has a few complete runs, different angles.

https://bangshift.com/general-news/v...the-legends-ba
        Last edited by VTJUNK; February 24, 2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

What a cool find! I love seeing all the undercarriage pictures as well, thanks for sharing.

Sadly often all that is shown is the glory topside shots, but the meat-n-potatoes is where the fun is.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190224_124126.png
Views:	154
Size:	676.3 KB
ID:	1234048

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              What a cool find! I love seeing all the undercarriage pictures as well, thanks for sharing.

Sadly often all that is shown is the glory topside shots, but the meat-n-potatoes is where the fun is.
              Some of it is kind of crude, other stuff was done quite well.
              The rear spring shackle mounts are bolted to the frame on these cars. They simply predrilled holes in the frame, blew a hole with a torch to get at the top of the bolts. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190224_124847.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	560.7 KB
ID:	1234050

Comment

From the Aug 66 issue of Super Stock and Drag Illustrated. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190224_125738.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	736.4 KB
ID:	1234052

Comment

And yet it worked well.

I have an extra FE that’s definitely buildable, if not runnable as is. Probably not what you want as it is a 352, but I’ll throw it out there anyways.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

That's a hell of a find! Can't wait to see what you do with it!
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      And yet it worked well.

I have an extra FE that’s definitely buildable, if not runnable as is. Probably not what you want as it is a 352, but I’ll throw it out there anyways.
                      A friend of mine has a 390 that was supposedly rebuilt I could start with. I really just want a bare block that'll take a decent overbore, no sense spending money on stuff I won't use.

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                        That's a hell of a find! Can't wait to see what you do with it!
                        Thanks, I think I'll be repairing the quarters first, hang the doors, put a front clip on it so it resembles it former self

Comment

B/X 3 faintly visible on the windshield. Mean anything to anyone? Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1551299908181.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	1234908

Comment

Strictly guessing but I wonder if "B" is the engine size class like in LSR, "X" might be Xperimental like the old Factory Experimental classes, and 3 could be the car # assuming that there wouldn't be many cars in that class. That's at least 1 guess.

Dan

Comment

It's been a while since I found this car. I figured I'd post an update for those that liked it and may not have seen it on facebook. I'll post some pictures of it and work I did during a week prior to bringing it to a show. It's still a roller but I brought it to Cecil County Dragway 55 years after it debuted there for display and made some contacts there that furthered my research on it.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1306829

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1306833