Now THIS is revolting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THIS is revolting!

Keep telling yourself "It's only 50 cars in Japan".

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Weird little critter. If some fool wants to spend $40,000 on an ugly, bizarre looking Miata more power to them. I guess getting a couple atomic bombs dropped on your head can have some long term effects.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Just slightly similar. They made it slab-sided without coves. It is in the same style as the retro-T-Birds. One beer short of a 6-pack.
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 25, 2019, 07:28 PM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

They made first gen Mustang lookalikes from older Miatas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	miatastang.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1234246

Name:	m1stang-mustang-miata.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	1234247
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

What about the Russian company building ELECTRIC 65-66 Mustang GT replicas, complete with a sound recording for exhaust noise?
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
            They made first gen Mustang lookalikes from older Miatas.

Name:	miatastang.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1234246

Name:	m1stang-mustang-miata.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	1234247
            OMG Becky Look at that butt!
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Who's Becky ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                Who's Becky ?
                I'm only guessing ahead of the real answer from Rock, my colloquial term is, "Nancy." I could do a good-sounding impersonation of Ronald Reagan's voice. I'd say, "Dammit Nancy." And then I ended up living next door to a Nancy for a while and that made it even better.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Ethyl, " don't look Ethyl "
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Never mind ... I searched the reference and it is close to lyrics used in the song 'Baby Got Back' by "Sir Mix-a-Lot" released in 1992. Probably why I didn't get it.

Comment

They remind me of the little Humble Oil-sponsored kid-drive cars they had at Six Flags in the late '60s . . . About half of the cars were knockoffs of a "My Mother the Car" open touring car (early '60s leftovers from the opening of the ride) and the rest were newer, pint-sized, loose copies of Stingrays (which if memory serves they called "Chaparrals") .

I guess all the "whimsical" imitation-is-the-sincerest-form-of-flattery stuff from yesterday's "Studebaker" radio thread is now out the window . . . .

Given the price of real C2s in Japan, these little bugs sort of fit under the PT Cruiser school of relatively cheap copies . . . .

It could be worse. . . . they could be out killing whales and de-finning sharks.

Americans have had their own flirtation with expensive retro body kits . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                        Never mind ... I searched the reference and it is close to lyrics used in the song 'Baby Got Back' by "Sir Mix-a-Lot" released in 1992. Probably why I didn't get it.
                        Can't have a reference without a link to the definitive video . . . . (the mom-dancing begins at 2:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                          Americans have had their own flirtation with expensive retro body kits . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                            What about the Russian company building ELECTRIC 65-66 Mustang GT replicas, complete with a sound recording for exhaust noise?
                            Shhhh . . . that's Billy Ford's secret prototype for the 20XX "Mustang" after you-know-who achieves the "green" dream of 100 MPGe CAFE Standards (and putting all the OK-LA-TEX oil workers and Wyoming coal miners on relief . . . . )

We had some piped-in sound back in the old days . . . . (That might even be HAMB-approved!)

Comment

On the high-end of this....Karl's Chevrolet in Ankeny, Iowa makes old Corvettes out of new ones. Pretty nice stuff. Not cheap.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X