Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Mayberry LIKES something! Duly noted....Japan is funny that way every now and then they puke out something that just works. RX7, 240Z, GTR, there are more. But FAR more things that don't. RXs 1-6 come to mind. They tried so DAMN hard with the RX3 and RX8. Oh well there will always be a Miata.

Last edited by RockJustRock; February 27, 2019, 07:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JamesMayberryIII
    replied
    I like it, it is different, they handle well, and can be made to be very quick., and not bloated.
    I mean if you're going to get blasted from the vette crowd, you might as well go ALL IN, and really give them something to complain about.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Can't have a reference without a link to the definitive video . . . . (the mom-dancing begins at 2:41)

that may be the single best video i have ever seen on the internet...
    mom dancing? more like moms revisiting their freak days !!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by tedly View Post

How can you not know "Baby Got Back"?! I thought every person alive since 1990 has had this hardwired into their brain.
    How about "being old and having less than zero interest in rap/hip hop"?

But as far as the custom Miata - I don't hate it but neither do I want one. If I wanted a custom Miata I'd go for the Fiat 124 Spider (actually, I'm not sure of the name they've tagged it with). Better adaptation to my eye.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; February 26, 2019, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gateclyve Photographic
    replied
    The greatest cover is country artist Joe Nichols' version (with a "Mix" hisself in an awesome cameo role)

Leave a comment:

• Gateclyve Photographic
    replied
    There's actually a "history" of "Baby Got Back" . . .
    The 1992 video for the pro-posterior paean spawned controversy and many, many buttocks-centric visual puns. Here’s the true story of how it was made.

Leave a comment:

• Gateclyve Photographic
    replied

How can you not know "Baby Got Back"?! I thought every person alive since 1990 has had this hardwired into their brain.
    According to Slate online magazine, the parodies of "Baby Got Back" have been "endless." Slate even edited together some of them into a fairly revolting (but rhythmic and clever) clips video that somewhat apes the scenes of the "official' original : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eHS4DCbjZE

This sort of feels like we've introduced an awful disease to someone who was previously, blissfully unexposed . . . .

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster View Post

Living in Australia, doing different things ?
    Guess not.
    Ok, fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    How can you not know "Baby Got Back"?!
    I thought every person alive since 1990 has had this hardwired into their brain.
    Living in Australia, doing different things ?
    Guess not.

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster View Post
    Who's Becky ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	shocked.gif
Views:	80
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1234321

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    We had some piped-in sound back in the old days . . . .
    My brother and I both had one of those V-rroom engines on our Stingray bikes.

Leave a comment:

• VTJUNK
    replied

Shhhh . . . that's Billy Ford's secret prototype for the 20XX "Mustang" after you-know-who achieves the "green" dream of 100 MPGe CAFE Standards (and putting all the OK-LA-TEX oil workers and Wyoming coal miners on relief . . . . )

We had some piped-in sound back in the old days . . . . (That might even be HAMB-approved!)
    I've got one of those, still works!

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    On the high-end of this....Karl's Chevrolet in Ankeny, Iowa makes old Corvettes out of new ones. Pretty nice stuff. Not cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Gateclyve Photographic
    replied
    Originally posted by pdub View Post
    What about the Russian company building ELECTRIC 65-66 Mustang GT replicas, complete with a sound recording for exhaust noise?
    Shhhh . . . that's Billy Ford's secret prototype for the 20XX "Mustang" after you-know-who achieves the "green" dream of 100 MPGe CAFE Standards (and putting all the OK-LA-TEX oil workers and Wyoming coal miners on relief . . . . )

We had some piped-in sound back in the old days . . . . (That might even be HAMB-approved!)

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Americans have had their own flirtation with expensive retro body kits . . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X