No announcement yet.

Corvair Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corvair - "the Car of the future, made yesterday".

(stolen from a bumper sticker on a Corvair I saw at a show once)
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

my dad has a project convertible 1st gen. if it was the 2nd gen, I'd be interested in it - but even now I'm not enthused about the styling .... so Tom, is it time for a new project?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        my dad has a project convertible 1st gen. if it was the 2nd gen, I'd be interested in it - but even now I'm not enthused about the styling .... so Tom, is it time for a new project?
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I've posted this here before but...... We had the very first turbo 'Vair running around Milford, MI. Somehow someone had bought it from the GM Proving Grounds (it's just outside Milford) - the buyer was no doubt and employee as they could buy stuff from GM. It was PINK metallic with a white interior and white convertible top. I saw it parked at the curb a time of two but never met the owner. No doubt it was hand built so was probably a good one. I'm thinking the body was a 1962 or so but I have no clue what year the engine/drivetrain was.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I've posted this here before but...... We had the very first turbo 'Vair running around Milford, MI. Somehow someone had bought it from the GM Proving Grounds (it's just outside Milford) - the buyer was no doubt and employee as they could buy stuff from GM. It was PINK metallic with a white interior and white convertible top. I saw it parked at the curb a time of two but never met the owner. No doubt it was hand built so was probably a good one. I'm thinking the body was a 1962 or so but I have no clue what year the engine/drivetrain was.

Dan
            IIRC my dad has a rebuilt turbo motor for his.... his projects number in the dozens, so keeping track is a challenge.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              But oh, the poor fan belts! Imagine if they had today's electric fan tech? With the rise in alcohol fuels maybe it's time to give air cooled another try....
              the reason my dad HAD to get rid of the 1962 station wagon was when we were on our way home from Christmas, 1963, a trip of about 100 miles, its cold and snowing, about 7pm on sunday night and my folks, 2 brothers and sister( who had gotten one of those pink cardboard play kitchen sets for christmas) when the fan belt broke. ofcourse, we had to unload everything toaccess the engine and replace the belt. dad took the wagon to the dealer Monday morning and ordered a new 1964 chevy belair 4door.
              Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Gregg and Deb Miller
              Verona, Wi.

Comment

Promo film for Corvairs https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2128248440583592
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                X