• Show
Clear All

• Tools you Improved

Stuff like this...Click image for larger version

Name:	C1C87864-3F9E-4603-A972-444151950A20.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1234496

I did that exact same socket mod once. A simple thing that took me, as a 327 Chevy II then V8 Vega owner, two years to figure out to do...

Comment

I'll get some pics out in the shop and post them. I have a couple of drawers (that's tool box drawers, you Bozos) full of modified stuff that I needed to do some job or other. I'll try to take the pics today but ME has scheduled an afternoon of culture for us at our local art museum (Cameron) where they're having an exhibit of old Japanese art.

Dan

Comment

I did that to a sock once used bnb it for oxygen sensors . It made room for the wire to stick out .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

At my level of expertise, I've found that it's hard to improve duct tape.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My Chevy II I used the open end on the hex part of the socket. My Monza had HEI so I traded it long before it really needed plugs. Good ignition covers many sins.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              I thought you were the "bubble gum, baling wire, bondo and wood screws" type......
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	1483917142248.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1234562

I laugh, but honestly I have no idea on how to improve duct tape either!

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Got "header tools".
                  Short 7/16 wrenches before they were made (74-up)
                  Plug Sockets with part of the hex ground for tube clearances
                  We also have an 8" long socket to run a 1/2" impact on in 1-1/4" .. Our "hood pins"
                  I'm sure I am missing lots

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	1483917142248.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1234562

I laugh, but honestly I have no idea on how to improve duct tape either!

using it to silence unwanted advice.... just sayin' that improves it. Silence is Golden, Duct tape is silver.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

tool I improved. Heh, the one that springs to mind is the one I broke. I worked at a shop that the owner had developed an air-powered hammer for beating seams over on HVAC duct work. Problem was it was twice as noisy and half as fast compared to simply using your hammer to fold it over. 2nd problem was the owner's attachment to using the device. Because he's the boss, okay I'll use it, but it's noise was good for drowning out the verbalization of what I thought of the hammer, the owner, and sheet metal work in general. Then it broke. I - pinky swear - did nothing to cause its failure (the piston wore into the head because it was side-loading to the point it wouldn't work at all). Hallelujah, I had 3 miles of duct (not kidding) to put together, and I whacked it together the old fashion way.... never have I been so happy at the improvement - had the hammer still worked, I'd have been doing it for at least another 2 days.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 27, 2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

using it to silence unwanted advice.... just sayin' that improves it. Silence is Golden, Duct tape is silver.
                        It may improve your mood at that moment or improve the other persons likeability and personality, but does it improve the duct tape?
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post

It may improve your mood at that moment or improve the other persons likeability and personality, but does it improve the duct tape?
                          is duct tape useful when it's still on the roll?

Comment

You can throw it at people. Use it as a cupholder. I used to play mop hockey when closing down a restaurant for the night. Mops = sticks and roll of duct tape = puck. Overall, I concede your point though.
                            Last edited by tedly; February 27, 2019, 02:38 PM.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Duct tape is the universal solution, except for exhaust headers.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X