No announcement yet.

Small Block Musclecar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just think it's fantastic that we're talking about Ramblers, in a thread about muscle cars ;)
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Grants Rebel was one of their earlier success in drag racing

Click image for larger version

Name:	amc drag.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1236025
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Couple of good reads on AMC muscle cars..............

Name:	amc muscle.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1236028
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

Sort of....they did have the Wagoneer.
          I don't see those needing more than what the 401 or 390 put out.

Comment

I know there were some successes, but Ramblers will always be little old lady cars to me.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              I know there were some successes, but Ramblers will always be little old lady cars to me.
              Ramblers were little old lady cars.............AMX's weren't
              Thom

Comment

Dumbest automotive ad ever . . . .

Comment

Somebody didn't get the anti-racing memo . . . .

Comment

Of course there is one exception.........this little old lady liked her AMX

Name:	drag on lady.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1236044
                    Thom

Comment

• My folks bought Larks because they couldn't get a V8 in an American. They craved a little car that drove just like a big car. When I was in Boy Scouts one of the leaders drove an American. He cut up the RAMBLER in the grill to read AMPLE.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• I've never owned an AMC.. but my next door neighbor that I hung around with, parents did, it was a rebel. and what a royal p.o.s. The dad, stated that scoots mother just had to have it. and now he gets to fix the p.o.s. every week end.
                        Scott got a iirc 74 jav. with the I wanna be a c3 vette fenders humps. what a pyle. To be fair it was well used by the time he got it, but his parents rebel was bought new. so. I'd say the sporty car scott got as a hand me down from a family member was a p.o.s. from day one.
                        It did ride better than the 1976/7 nova he had before that. but that isn't say'n much.
                        Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; March 9, 2019, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          My folks bought Larks because they couldn't get a V8 in an American. They craved a little car that drove just like a big car. When I was in Boy Scouts one of the leaders drove an American. He cut up the RAMBLER in the grill to read AMPLE.
                          my uncle was a private pilot, he had several hangers that he used (hunting, vacation, etc), he'd buy a Rambler wagon and leave them in his hanger so he'd have something to drive. His thought (and it was true then) was no one would steal them and they were cheap.... most would sit for months and even years in a couple cases, they were quite reliable.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• when I worked at the junkyard, we had a rambler wagon as a shop truck--had the torch in it, etc. No one ever wanted to buy parts off it, so it lasted a long time. eventually it quit, so we had to use something else, and the replacements kept having to be replaced soon, as folks wanted to buy parts off them.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                              I've never owned an AMC.. but my next door neighbor that I hung around with, parents did, it was a rebel. and what a royal p.o.s. The dad, stated that scoots mother just had to have it. and now he gets to fix the p.o.s. every week end.
                              Scott got a iirc 74 jav. with the I wanna be a c3 vette fenders humps. what a pyle. To be fair it was well used by the time he got it, but his parents rebel was bought new. so. I'd say the sporty car scott got as a hand me down from a family member was a p.o.s. from day one.
                              It did ride better than the 1976/7 nova he had before that. but that isn't say'n much.
                              Had one them also............it was a '72 Javelin AMX.......401, 4spd car..........came with original raised letter tires
                              I still remember, as a kid, when those came out with the bulging fenders.
                              I bought it off of a older lady in Florida who bought it new........she had a hip replacement and couldn't drive a stick any longer.

Name:	javelin.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1236110
                              Thom

Comment

Working...
                              X