Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Car Mania !

Another thread just for fun !

Based upon our recent HAMB and Small Block Muscle Cars thread discussions, this thread is specifically for American made Muscle Cars of the 1960-70's only and will operate more like that "other" site, so be prepared for some backlash if you stray off-topic.

Wish I had pics but this was two whole lives ago - I had a red '68 Roadrunner and a pale yellow '70. I used to have a pic of a similar pale yellow '70 but evidently it's gone into the witness protection program. Anyhow, they were very fun cars and I enjoyed them greatly. Both were tough as nails and in spite of really rough use never failed to perform perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	1235136

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      I had a red '68 Roadrunner and a pale yellow '70.
      383ci 4-speed ?
      I like this '70 440 6-Pack.

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1235141

Comment

Here we go.........LOL!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

All pictures became the property of XOL in 1980.
          These 3 cars were purchased at about 1 year old.
          1960 Ford Fairlane 352 360hp
          1965 Mustang 271hp HiPo coupe
          1969 Boss 429---HP????
          Had several others that I made into muscle cars

Comment

Here's an oddball. 67 Custom 390 4 speed posi.
            1 of 11 built. Radio delete, rubber mat, factory dual exhaust.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ebay21437.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	1235147
            I owned it about 7 years then it went to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
              1 of 11 built. Radio delete, rubber mat, factory dual exhaust. Click image for larger version  Name:	ebay21437.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	1235147
              Nice!
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I was waist deep into the muscle car stuff in the '80's & '90's......a lot of AMC stuff

When I was stationed on the East Coast in the late '60's a small AMC Rambler dealer had one of the
                Hurst SC Ramblers on the floor...........I never got that car out of my mind and ended up owning two ...........a A Scheme & a B Scheme
                Here's the A Scheme car.......was one of the 'funest' ones I owned

Name:	car 7.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1235162

Here's the B Scheme

Name:	car 8.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1235163
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Here are a couple of AMX's I owned.........the green one was a total resto
                  Both lots of fun..........4 speed cars

Name:	car 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	1235167Click image for larger version

Name:	car 6.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1235168
                  Attached Files
                  Thom

Comment

Finally the '70 Nova I had before I did the '55/409 project
                    This was an original numbers matching drivetrain Nova SS that was purchased just up the road from me
                    It was a 350, 4 speed , bench car

I had a L88 mill built.......aluminum head 427, solid roller cam, lots of porting..........made over 500 hp on the dyno
                    Installed a Tremec 5 speed which made the car a blast to drive..........I miss this one

Name:	car 5.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	1235170

Name:	car 10.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1235171
                    Thom

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

On the Roadrunners : The '68 was a pillar couple (not a hardtop) without a vinyl top - pretty basic. It was an auto. The '70 was close to the one shown but it didn't have the dust trails and it was a pillar coupe, too. Again, pretty basic - it was a 4 speed. I'm not sure if that's the same yellow as mine seemed lighter but that might just be the lighting. Thanks for finding and posting the pics - brings back memories.......

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; March 2, 2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
                          1 of 11 built. Radio delete, rubber mat, factory dual exhaust.

Click image for larger version Name:	ebay21437.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	1235147
                          Dang - I could LIVE in that one! Special car.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            On the Roadrunners : The '68 was a pillar couple (not a hardtop) without a vinyl top - pretty basic. It was an auto. The '70 was close to the one shown but it didn't have the dust trails and it was a pillar coupe, too. Again, pretty basic - it was a 4 speed. I'm not sure if that's the same yellow as mine seemed lighter but that might just be the lighting. Thanks for finding and posting the pics - brings back memories.......

Dan
                            My brother in law had a ‘68 Roadrunner
                            Basic model
                            B5 blue, 4 speed , 383 ci w/rubber mats & rear wing windows
                            A day two car with headers and Cragars... ran like a scalded dog
                            Thom

Comment

My first car, i still own it... bought it in late '86ish.
                              1973 olds omega. I dont have a current picture, but similar to the car in the picture. Mine was shackled and air shocked with chrome traction bars.
                              the plan has always been put it back to high school, just.... better. yep. That big back bumper was even with my belt....

Name:	IMG_4470.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1235196
                              Charles

Comment

Working...
                              X