Daytona Road Course Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Road Course Video

Stude emailed me, copied me, on the greatest in-car road racing video I've ever seen. At Daytona. I've challenged him in person (on the phone) to post it here. He's a bit busy right now, I'm not gonna post it, but it belongs here.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

HERE 'TIS!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my Mustang driving pals sent me the link to the story and the vid...
    So I sent it to the rest of my Mustang driving pals, got great responses - plus 2 emails and a phone call from Peewee.

From 24th place to 1st place in a Mustang at Daytona - some great driving!
    This is awesome stuff, slicing through pods of whaletails and Eurobeasts in a pony car - too cool.
    It's my understanding the guy blew up the motor while leading..... CRANK IT UP.

Ride along with Olly Bryant as he drives from 25th to 1st place in Group F at the Classic24 from Daytona International Speedway

Last edited by studemax; March 4, 2019, 11:08 PM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

No Link!

Comment

Yes. There IS a link, P.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Try this....

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Having driven on that same pavement so much slower than that.......that is just breathtaking. My mind on that day was doing all of those things but the car was certainly not doing any of those things. That's just incredible.

Comment

Looks like pure horsepower and coping with handling very well to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                Looks like pure horsepower and coping with handling very well to me.
                That driver can DRIVE. I've watched it about 4 times. I wouldn't have watched it a second time time except for I've run that course so I know what he's doing, actually feeling it. That's called "making it around" that course. Ohhhhhh to have a car that would run like that, but I probably wouldn't have the skill or courage to drive it that way. Pretty sure I've got neither of those things.

Comment

Judging by video games I could never drive road course in real life. There's that get in a row so you can drive the optimum line thing. It ends up with cars backed up for yards. I like the skip the row and drive a messed up line approach.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    Judging by video games I could never drive road course in real life. There's that get in a row so you can drive the optimum line thing. It ends up with cars backed up for yards. I like the skip the row and drive a messed up line approach.
                    That guy was passing them wherever he got to them. In the infield portion of it....wait, you can't pass there....but he did. And that move on the first half of the back straight on the big track going into the Bus Stop...OMG. Stunning. Mind boggling.

It's kinda like golf, only golfers are able to watch golf on TV and appreciate it. That guy was tearing that road course UP. I've simply never seen anything like it. Not in real life.

Comment

Working...
                    X