1,600 h.p. 'Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,600 h.p. 'Egg

It's ironic that a country that has banned most forms of motorsports for decades (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mo...-idUSKCN1BW2WD ) hosts an auto show where outrageous hyper-expensive supercars are announced.

They gotta give the restless kiddies something to do with their Swiss bank accounts . . . .

Among the exotic "meh" at Geneva 2019 are the Morgan Plus 6 (BMW in-line power replacing the former V8) Waiting list for Yawn. Zzzzzzz

And Koenigsegg's latest salvo . . . .

And we all know that a couple of Chinese turbos on a JY-fresh LS will beat a piddly little 1,600 ponies on E85 for pocket change . . . But still, the Koenigsegg Jesko is $$$$$$$$$ meh for the clean-hands summers-in-Monte-Carlo set.

They say it's the last of the all-motor "Eggs (that is, the last one that gets by without electric assist) . . . .

1,600 emissions-legal horses out of a loose derivation of the Ford Modular V8. . . and Ford can't even manage to cobble up a pedestrian EcoBoost V8. That sucks.

Geneva is Hypercar Mania. My guess is Bugatti is starting to show profits. The water is warm and EVERYONE is jumping in with classic nameplates. Hispano Suiza anyone?

The Geneva Motor Show is the king of supercars, as all of Europe's teeny, tiny boutique automakers bring their wild and crazy wares. Here's what that looks like.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

named after his dad..
      while his dad is still around.

I like it.

reminds me of this 6 million mile trucker I know.
      Not sure what he is thinking lately.

Just visiting is a generous sword fish dinner and the 20 bucks in gas reimbursed to get there.

We started up a new duramax at the dealer where he got his truck. 73k in the window.
      Meanwhile, my way of a metallic maroon diesel is 20 years old, a dually.. with a 6.5 that needs an injection worth $1000
      5 speed xcab gmc.

I should do something for dad....
      our first ride together was in 1978.
      A 1 stack mack with a window in the back.
      the v8 remains my favorite to this day.
      You did not have to tell me at 5 years old, why that truck picked the front end straight up without a twist to get the 40 something foot box rolling.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 6, 2019, 09:53 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X