Get Blown At WalMart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better get after it. Only 4 left!
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Walmart sells American goods? who knew?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Jeg's has sold their soul to the devil. Same price to the penny...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/...BoC8JQQAvD_BwE
        Jegs is dead to me. They sent a coupon that they wouldn't honor. Occasionally, they send out a spend-money-and-we-give-you-$20. With how much I spend between all of the majors, it's a nice way to get some stuff I'd never, actually buy (like JEG'S shirts). They sent me the coupon, no bueno. So I called, "we'll fix it, it was a mistake"... then they sent me the same coupon again. They're dead, they already were tough with the week-delay and exclusive use of FedEx; that was the final nail.....

Comment

Well, any which three ways of whichever, is it not a crime against humanity to buy an engine that already has a blower on it? That's supposed to take hours and weeks and months of cussing and wrench throwing and problem solving to get the thing on whatever you already have. Or maybe I just went down the wrong path, probably did. Okay, never mind. Carry on.
          Last edited by pdub; March 6, 2019, 10:59 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            Well, any which three ways of whichever, is it not a crime against humanity to buy an engine that already has a blower on it? That's supposed to take hours and weeks and months of cussing and wrench throwing and problem solving to get the thing on whatever you already have. Or maybe I just went down the wrong path, probably did. Okay, never mind. Carry on.
            learn, move forward, enjoy the blower whine

Comment

Engine? There's no engine....
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Pretty expensive intake system.....
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I look at it as the blower kit without the EFI would be $5K. Most complete power adder kits, turbo or blower are that much.

Comment

I didn't see where they quoted any power improvements or pressure ranges ... did I miss them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                      I didn't see where they quoted any power improvements or pressure ranges ... did I miss them ?
                      And your point is?

If it is just curiosity Jeg's offers this:

Last edited by RockJustRock; March 7, 2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        And your point is?
                        If it is just curiosity Jeg's offers this:
                        I wasn't making a point, I was asking a question.
                        "Does the WalMart advertisement state power or boost numbers" ?

The JEGS YouTube video you provided shows a dyno run for a fully-forged, race-prepared engine and doesn't use the dual throttle body EFI system. The horsepower and torque numbers achieved will probably not transition to a standard 350 ci production motor.

Comment

Ugly. Too much black. Black is an accent color. It sucks as a primary. (BTW, I've done that . . . eventually hated all-black vehicle) Black "mags" are the worst . . . Counting the days (years) until that hideous fad passes.

Why is it that almost everyone on the various "Street Outlaws" programs has a black t-shirt. Is there an "outlaw" street racer uniform?

JEGs . . . Okay for some stuff. Too expensive for other stuff. I'm not paying $500+ per wheel, so I like the JEGs house brand.

JEGs, Summit and Speedway could each improve their websites. I've ordered parts from Walmart, but you really have to know what you want beforehand, because the info on their site is terrible. Just say no to Amazon . . . .

There are cheaper "power adder" systems if you're inclined to trust in China . . Example:. http://www.on3performance.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I wasn't making a point, I was asking a question.
                            "Does the WalMart advertisement state power or boost numbers" ?

The JEGS YouTube video you provided shows a dyno run for a fully-forged, race-prepared engine and doesn't use the dual throttle body EFI system. The horsepower and torque numbers achieved will probably not transition to a standard 350 ci production motor.
                            You missed the post where I noted the Jeg's item and the WalMart item seem to be the same, I understand. Horsepower with two ANYTHING poking out of a hood is usually not typified in numbers but rather a word, PLENTY.

Maybe people should start bombing the comments section of the WalMart listing. Just start with "I haven't actually bought one of these, but I'd say...…". Gotta try to stop any deviation from the norm.

Comment

Working...
                            X