Street Rod Mania......and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Rod Mania......and more

How about another version of Monster's thread............Street Rods, Hot Rods......Rat Rods.........let's see yours or what you like.
    My current street rod is my '55 Chevy with the 409...........I've owned 2 other rides with W motors but that was back in the '60's

Was one of the 'funnest' projects I've done.........getting the W motor to fit inside the '55.
    Really wasn't all that bad once we got the headers worked out............the engine build was the best part
    Boring and stroking the 409 produced some good results
    I was sorta following an American Graffiti theme here

Over on the Tri 5 Forum, we're doing 409 Install Thread as this is becoming a popular theme

Click image for larger version  Name:	bangshift ccc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	1236020

Click image for larger version  Name:	bangshift aaaa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	1236021

Last edited by Monk; March 8, 2019, 04:19 PM.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

My brother and I got took on a "409" when we were teenagers. Saw the classified ad in the paper. Went to a seedy, run-down gas station to look at it. It was a big pile of greasy parts in some buckets with a bare block and heads.

We didn't know the difference between a 348 and a 409 and had no casting number information. We were dumb kids.

Money exchanged hands.

We hauled our prize-in-pieces home.

Dad just rolled his eyes. He showed us about five ways he knew the lump was a 348. Then he started counting the parts "You've only got SEVEN RODS here . . . ."

think I still have the intake laying around somewhere, but we managed to get most of our dough back eventually . . selling it as 348 parts.

Sorry for the hijack . . . I like nearly everything in Hot Rod Deluxe . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
      My brother and I got took on a "409" when we were teenagers. Saw the classified ad in the paper. Went to a seedy, run-down gas station to look at it. It was a big pile of greasy parts in some buckets with a bare block and heads.

We didn't know the difference between a 348 and a 409 and had no casting number information. We were dumb kids.

Money exchanged hands.

We hauled our prize-in-pieces home.

Dad just rolled his eyes. He showed us about five ways he knew the lump was a 348. Then he started counting the parts "You've only got SEVEN RODS here . . . ."

think I still have the intake laying around somewhere, but we managed to get most of our dough back eventually . . selling it as 348 parts.

Sorry for the hijack . . . I like nearly everything in Hot Rod Deluxe . . . .
      Good stuff.............my two prior motors were 348's...........one was a tri power in the '55 Chevy............the other in my '59 Chevy rag top we pulled out of
      a '58 Chevy that I knew and transplanted it.
      They were pretty much slugs unless you cammed 'em up

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1236046

Name:	impala 2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	1236047
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have always had a soft spot for '55 post cars. They used to fall into my hands without trying. I've been looking for another decent one for years now without much luck. Love that look & the 409 in it.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I’m a no post fan.

Name:	526E27D8-1C7D-40C4-A6ED-CE87D6DAA4D9.jpeg
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	1236072

Comment

Originally posted by Shep48COE View Post
            I’m a no post fan.

Name:	526E27D8-1C7D-40C4-A6ED-CE87D6DAA4D9.jpeg
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	1236072
            My first '55 was a hardtop
            Thom

Comment

I'm partial to the 55s and 59s.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                my '59 Chevy rag top

Name:	impala 2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	1236047
                I'm digging this one !

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  How about another version of Monster's thread............Street Rods, Hot Rods......Rat Rods.........let's see yours or what you like.
                  My current street rod is my '55 Chevy with the 409...........I've owned 2 other rides with W motors but that was back in the '60's

Was one of the 'funnest' projects I've done.........getting the W motor to fit inside the '55.
                  Really wasn't all that bad once we got the headers worked out............the engine build was the best part
                  Boring and stroking the 409 produced some good results
                  I was sorta following an American Graffiti theme here

Over on the Tri 5 Forum, we're doing 409 Install Thread as this is becoming a popular theme

Click image for larger version  Name:	bangshift ccc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	1236020

Click image for larger version  Name:	bangshift aaaa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	1236021

The car that kept me here!
                  Saw the hill climbs in Sand in N.Africa Browsed and saw this car... Then Squirrel's... Rest is history...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I'm digging this one !
                    Chrome reverse wheels compliment of Sears Catalog Store...........19.95 each
                    Thom

Comment

Working...
                    X