You Don't Have To Drive Fast To Drive Like An Idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Don't Have To Drive Fast To Drive Like An Idiot

Unbelievable the guy just kept rolling and drove away. The oncoming car was going fast, but not outrunning traffic, so not that fast. Maybe the sun was just in the minivan guy's eyes he was blinded by SOMETHING.

As usual with FaceBook video you need to fullscreen to see it.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; March 10, 2019, 10:23 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Found it on You Tube.....

Comment

Right there was an undocumented resident . Half of them still drive like they did in a third word country and they are not going to risk getting deported over a accident . They are going to flee every time . My ex brother in law lost a trailer and as only the safety chains were all that still connected it to his truck it sideswiped a car . The car was still drivable but it literally tore the whole side of the car up . That he borrowed . He looked at it and said , " I'm screwed . " got back in his car and took off like his future depended on it . Which it did .Probably wasn't used to crossing so many lanes of traffic and lost track of a couple of them . I have another speculation but it is way more politically unacceptable . We'll just let that one go .
      Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 10, 2019, 12:14 PM.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        Right there was an undocumented resident . Half of them still drive like they did in a third word country and they are not going to risk getting deported over a accdent . They are going to flee every time . My ex brother in law lost a trailer and as only the safety chains were all that still connected it to his truck it sideswiped a car . The car was still drivable but it literally tore the whole side of the car up . That he borrowed . He looked at it and said , " I'm screwed . " got back in his car and took off like his future depended on it . Which it did .Probably wasn't used to crossing so many lanes of traffic and lost track of a couple of them . I have another speculation but it is way more politically unacceptable . We'll just let that one go .
        Sure glad we don't discuss politics here. Curious though.... What from the account leads you to ASSuME it was an illegal immigrant? I REALLY DON'T want a thread on immigration on BangShift. Bad driving is universal. I assumed it was a Senior Citizen because my 99 year old Mom pulled a hit and run like that. She though both cars were O.K. so she just kept going. Of course BOTH cars were totaled. But I don't want a thread on Senior drivers either. I'm 64.

Comment

Wife's boss came out to his new Mustang, parked along a side street Saturday morning to find this. The right front wheel was shattered from how hard it was pushed into the curb. The car was six days old, he'd just got it previous Sunday. Hit-and-run (getting to be the norm these days), who knows by who, there was a barcode sticker on debris from a GM truck but that's all they got.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0729.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	1236293

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
            Wife's boss came out to his new Mustang, parked along a side street Saturday morning to find this. The right front wheel was shattered from how hard it was pushed into the curb. The car was six days old, he'd just got it previous Sunday. Hit-and-run (getting to be the norm these days), who knows by who, there was a barcode sticker on debris from a GM truck but that's all they got.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0729.JPG Views:	1 Size:	161.2 KB ID:	1236293
            A simple 2 channel dash cam with parking mode. would've been a wise thing to have. but what do I know,being that my sig line is(per you) a self rightous,bla bla bla. right. Loren.
            Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; March 10, 2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

A dash cam would have been lucky to get maybe the make and model of the culprit.

On street parking is the biggest evil at play in this IMHO. SoCal is so overbuilt it is a necessary evil.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                A dash cam would have been lucky to get maybe the make and model of the culprit.

On street parking is the biggest evil at play in this IMHO. SoCal is so overbuilt it is a necessary evil.
                dash cam records(saves) 10 seconds before impact then the impact and a few minutes after it.
                the 160* sweep lens (semi fisheye) will pick up the make model and plate #. and if it doesn't the front camera as it passes by will get the vehicles rear plate.
                Best 3-500 bucks you can spend today. blackview or thinkware.
                Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; March 10, 2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

The last thing that I saw regarding that crash video was that they've made an arrest in that case. Driving without a valid license and leaving the scene of an accident with injury. And the (victim) kid's dad said the kid will be in ICU for a long time. Severe head injury. Partial ejection, which indicates he didn't have his seat belt on. That was a different camera angle from what I'd seen before but in my mind I thought I saw the dude fly completely out of the car at the end, but I don't want to watch it again.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

dash cam records(saves) 10 seconds before impact then the impact and a few minutes after it.
                    the 160* sweep lens (semi fisheye) will pick up the make model and plate #. and if it doesn't the front camera as it passes by will get the vehicles rear plate.
                    Best 3-500 bucks you can spend today. blackview or thinkware.
                    I recently purchased 2 dashcams off of Amazon for $70 a piece with 16g sd cards included.
                    They turn on and record when you start the car and can be configured to record 10 minute loops.
                    They have good night vision, automatic accident/incident lock, and a parking lot monitor.

This is what I bought; https://www.amazon.com/Display-Recor...dp/B07MY1VRKT/

My wife has been hit twice in the intersection around the corner from our house. The last accident she was in (that totaled her Wrangler) the person blew the stop sign at speed (35-40 mph) in front of a cop who had someone pulled over just past the intersection. There was also an incident where some giant douche in a dually truck purposely crossed the center line and charged at her for no apparent reason other than being a giant douche. Also, I was nearly killed a couple weeks ago by some self important dickbag who thought it was ok to cut me off coming out of the merge lane on the freeway during a torrential rain storm. After that I'd had it. My wife didn't feel safe anymore, and if someone was gonna try to kill me on the freeway I at least wanted evidence. I seems like people are either in a self important hurry, or they can't be bothered to stay off of their damn phones long enough to drive. Wife and I won't drive without dashcams now.

Comment

yikes.

I am reminded at just what 5 mph can do recently.
                      my public housing parking lot has had two crashes.

one outside my wndow was by the 1 legged guy I found stuck sitting in the driveway unable to get to his wheel chair (I told that story here)
                      he simply scraped down the side of a prius just outside... sounded like the end of the world.
                      I thought it was his dangling muffler scraping the ground and hitting the curb.
                      I learned a week or more later the lady who owned the prius did not know who hit her car.

meanwhile I was sitting right here and heard the whole thing. did not notice the prius was banged up on one side. I only see the back of it from my window.

that was enough to bring police and insurance.

hit and runs suck.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                        The last thing that I saw regarding that crash video was that they've made an arrest in that case. Driving without a valid license and leaving the scene of an accident with injury. And the (victim) kid's dad said the kid will be in ICU for a long time. Severe head injury. Partial ejection, which indicates he didn't have his seat belt on. That was a different camera angle from what I'd seen before but in my mind I thought I saw the dude fly completely out of the car at the end, but I don't want to watch it again.
                        With a roll like that , you could possibly have your seat belt on and get thrown out of the car . It's not like a racing harness . In my Shelby Mustang ride along crash by the bruise stripe on the mid point of my thigh, when the seat back broke I was starting to leave my seat out the back window. Fortunately the crash only had one basic physical g load .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          Right there was an undocumented resident .
                          I got rear-ended in my old PSD years ago by one . . . No insurance or valid driver's license, of course. Cops did jack squat.

At least it only taco'd the rear bumper . . . I never bothered to get it fixed.

Ironically, my co-workers now refer to the beat-down 20-year-old load as the "Mexican truck" . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

I recently purchased 2 dashcams off of Amazon for $70 a piece with 16g sd cards included.
                            Is it possible to move that from one car to another or it is fixed to the car?

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                              Well, I just ordered three of them. The price has REALLY come down on those. I've been wanting one (or three). Thanks so much for the reference Tardis.

Comment

Working...
                              X