You Don't Have To Drive Fast To Drive Like An Idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

The unit senses a 12v power signal and turns on automatically.
    do they offer a hard wire kit for it. so it go into parking mode, when vehicle is off?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

do they offer a hard wire kit for it. so it go into parking mode, when vehicle is off?
      Yes, it comes with a power cord that plugs into the cig lighter/12v power socket.
      They recommend a key on power source so it won't drain your battery.

Comment

Yes, it comes with a power cord that plugs into the cig lighter/12v power socket.
        They recommend a key on power source so it won't drain your battery.
        Then how it work in parking mode, it have a battery in it also?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

Then how it work in parking mode, it have a battery in it also?
          It goes into a power saver mode & detects motion if the vehicle is jarred.
          I tested it by bumping the Jeep a few times, the indicator came on.

Comment

It goes into a power saver mode & detects motion if the vehicle is jarred.
            I tested it by bumping the Jeep a few times, the indicator came on.
            Thank you. I might grab one. and put it in the wife's vehicle.
            was going to get another old model think ware on clearance, but a 70.00 will be fine as long as it does the job, her vehicle is only worth 4k on a good day, but is cared for and nice enough to not want it hit and run in a lot. and hers sits at a mail like lot. and gets smacked at least twice a year. I gave up on the front bumper paint, and just plastic coated it, so when smacked, just peal and re-spray. it has don't an ok job of saving the real paint on the bumper. I kinda wish they'd go back to the mid 70's rail road ties chrome bumpers. as much as I complained about them. they didn't cost 500.00 to re-spray everytime a dope hit it.
            Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; March 13, 2019, 12:54 AM.

Comment

They made it, times 3.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010439.JPG Views:	1 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	1237681
              Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010440.JPG Views:	1 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	1237682

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010441.JPG Views:	1 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	1237683

I'm gonna have to get Kenny the Cat to read the directions for me. He can find a lone mosquito in the house, that boy can see.
              Last edited by pdub; March 18, 2019, 02:04 PM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

here in central florida, it's amazing how common this kind of driving has become. we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country and most of the newbes are from out of state.. i'm ready to move.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

This is not at all the first 100th time I've bought something as a result of BangShift. Out of the box, the dash cam's sticky mount....is....you have to hold your tongue right,but it WILL mate up finally. That's where I want them, on the dash. But the thing is actually meant to hang on the mirror (mount sold separately of course). The camera does have spatial orientation so the whole world is not upside down if you put it on the dash. But on the dash the screen menu and all of the labeling on the buttons are upside down. They want you to hang it from the mirror, that's what it was meant to do.

More fun stuff to play with going back and forth to the store whenever I can make it back and forth to the store. Thanks Tardis! Cool stuff, something to do.
                  Last edited by pdub; March 18, 2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Alrighty, all three dash cams installed. Much fun to do. Thanks again Tardis!

Comment

Working...
                    X