No announcement yet.

T Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's ignore the HAMB-cop prejudices and get this thing back on track . . . .

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I've played 'human superball' off bicycles and motorcycles - so with that said, I stand by my opinion on the safety of T buckets - imagine strapping yourself into a catapult - that is in no way different they sitting in a T... thus the 5 mph quip.

with no shading to Factory Five, being a freak can pay well but it still doesn't play well.
            I second this . I've had enough near death experiences , I just as soon put off the real thing as long as possible . I do like the looks of them . IF I had one it would need a NHRA certified cage . I'm thinking basically like a funny car cage .
            Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 12, 2019, 05:15 PM.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The motorcycle is always the devil's advocate case on vehicle safety. When I rode I prided myself that my well being was in my own hands. A T-Bucket driver probably feels the same.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                The motorcycle is always the devil's advocate case on vehicle safety. When I rode I prided myself that my well being was in my own hands. A T-Bucket driver probably feels the same.
                Dunno.. Bike, you get sent down the road on your ass with a broken limb maybe..
                T-bucket, if strapped in and body goes to pot, and upside down?
                I love riding on the highway helmetless... Can't risk it now. Too many distracted drivers.

Comment

T-buckets.
                  Of all the species of creatures on the Earth, only humans seek ways to increase risk................hmmm.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    T-buckets.
                    Of all the species of creatures on the Earth, only humans seek ways to increase risk................hmmm.
                    Humans and house cats kill for sport..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Humans and house cats kill for sport..
                      So do orca whales and monkeys....
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So. t buckets unsafe and bad.
                        but a short wheel base, front engine pipe rack. cackle'n away. good.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                          So. t buckets unsafe and bad.
                          Nope ... unsafe, but good.

Comment

Most old cars fold up in a crash. (Remember the awful IIHS snuff video of an X-frame Impala versus a late model airbag delivery system car?) You really think a wood-framed-body '34 Chevy is going to protect you in any crash? Or a fiberglass "Boydster?"

Is some dude in a Jeep jacked up with a six-inch lift kit on 39" Super Swampers, sitting under a bolt-on "style bar" (I've heard lawyers won't let 'em call it a roll bar) with no doors or top really all that much safer?

Come on, now! While I'd want enough NHRA gear to be able to run a T all-out on the track, let's not go pearl-clutching overboard about the "unsafe" buckets while falsely assuming most other vintage street vehicles are really all that much safer . . . .
                            Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; March 13, 2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              So do orca whales and monkeys....
                              You are SO wrong! I've never seen any footage of Orcas killing monkees (though Peter Tork is dead now.....HUUmmmmmm).

Comment

They're sitting close because of the DANGER!

Comment

Working...
                                X