No announcement yet.

T Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it be a roit to build on, with one of todays 4banger turbo's and a paddle shifted dual clutch set up. inboard coilovers and rockers. lowered but not rat rod low.
    and at least front ifs if not irs also. it be on rails. just need to make the bucket longer for a better seating and wheel angle. The stagecoach wheel needs to die.

Comment

I've wanted to build one, but I agree with Chad (yeah, mark the calendar) they're utterly useless for any purpose.... though that said, if you're going to look death in the face, you might as well do it starting at 5 mph.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Mail order were'nt they ?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	23_kit_large.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1236526

Comment

......and you need a MOTOR...

Name:	bb3b5b122f1f5ac88222526df451c82d.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1236528

Comment

I built the 1/8 T drag version.

Name:	revell-mooneyes-dragster-sanitary-bucket-23-t_1_ab3ddd9531ad02c09c982c002765ab2d.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1236531Click image for larger version

Name:	8c9b50fb6998776538d4e672d3571210.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1236532
            The dual Revell kit was THE model kit....loads of extras...only the motor was chrome.
            The motor had internals molded in so if you left a head off there were pistons...or the oil pan...you could see a crank.

Comment

This famous T is being restored I believe....

Name:	Jim-Skonzakes-Kookie-Kar-1024x823.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	1236534

Hey Kookie lend me your comb.....

Comment

brother bobby gots a 27 turtledeck T, 427+.060 to 440,
                tunnel with 2x 1150s, a .779 lift solid flat tappet, 11-1
                compression, a 4200 stall and a 'glide. it weighs all
                of 1800lbs and makes somewheres upwards of 650hp.

it does donuts if you even LOOK at the gas pedal funny.
                he makes the 1-2 upshift at 8200rpm. yikes.

he loves it but i refuse to get in it as i aint ready to die just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                  I also like a chopped soft-top with a swept back windshield, rather than the straight-up old man style.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	215.3 KB ID:	1236407
                  I'd take something like this,
                  put a Buick/olds 215 v8 in the nose ,a 5 speed , the header/sidepipes would get to the rear tires and turn up like a fender into 15"x1"i.d. pipe, that turned into the trunk box and the fender would carry on a little and flare out a little past a 1/3 down the back of the tire, like a duck tail.
                  Inside the trunk would be two smallish (remember 215 cid) turbo's. with the exhaust exiting under the trunk box and back, the inlet side, 2) 14"x1" up both sides under the feet and seat sanwich between a double floor So it not seen.and the doubled floor would make the channel for the air to flow through. same with fire wall, then the engine tbi hat connects to the firewall opening connecting the turbo cold side to the engine. You could make the hat look like a racing aircleaner housing and ducking to the firewall wouldn't ever raise an eyebrow, but you'd have an all alum bullet in the nose that look era correct for when T's were huge in the hobby, and turbo's and no one would have a clue. until the looked a lot closer. The tbi wiring, put it in an a/n hose and over to a fuel regulator , that has the fuel line, a dual feed holley would not raise eyebrows. and it look the part.
                  If a 215 v8 is to hard to find, a nailhead, or a ford 260v8 I have, on hand a 267 v8. so that get the non, just to keep them guessing. with the WTF factor.
                  Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; March 12, 2019, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    I've wanted to build one, but I agree with Chad (yeah, mark the calendar) they're utterly useless for any purpose.... though that said, if you're going to look death in the face, you might as well do it starting at 5 mph.
                    Maybe so, but not many rods of any kind being used for much more than cruising around. It's not like anyones taking their fat fendered steamroller tired ride to lowes to get stuff to work on the house.
                    It be fun to see what Smith and co. at FFR could do with one , dropped on their 33 rod chassis.

but they do offer this, at a 2380 lb's..

Overview Period-Correct Wicked Fast ’35 Truck! The all-new Factory Five ’35 Hot Rod Pick-Up Truck delivers renowned Factory Five handling…
                    Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; March 12, 2019, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      Not anymore useless than a motorcycle. Chad, of course, is entitled to his [snarky insult deleted] opinions, Put a cage in a T and its still a fine racing vehicle. Chad has also seen and likely announced a Bucket with huge sticky tires on all four corners making some noise in an autocross or two . . . .

A T Bucket is a veritable hulk compared to a real minimalist car . . . .

Comment

I'm thinking someone creative could infuse certain elements of a wild V8-powered T Bucket with this . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Not anymore useless than a motorcycle. Chad, of course, is entitled to his [snarky insult deleted] opinions, Put a cage in a T and its still a fine racing vehicle. Chad has also seen and likely announced a Bucket with huge sticky tires on all four corners making some noise in an autocross or two . . . .

A T Bucket is a veritable hulk compared to a real minimalist car . . . .

I've played 'human superball' off bicycles and motorcycles - so with that said, I stand by my opinion on the safety of T buckets - imagine strapping yourself into a catapult - that is in no way different they sitting in a T... thus the 5 mph quip.

with no shading to Factory Five, being a freak can pay well but it still doesn't play well.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I guess the bubble-wrap, bike helmet, airbag generation needs to stay away from T-style fun . . .

Comment

On a positive note, you're less likely to die from cancer or Alzheimer's if you spend your life driving a Bucket
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Even a tame 300-350 hp small block is too much for the super lightweight bucket, so putting in a supercharged big block is just asking for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X