T Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
    I guess the bubble-wrap, bike helmet, airbag generation needs to stay away from T-style fun . . .

and yet others should daily them.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      Even a tame 300-350 hp small block is too much for the super lightweight bucket, so putting in a supercharged big block is just asking for it.
      I guess, if you use it. the power that is.
      What I mean, is there are a lot of 455/454 powered cars at cruises, or club events, that they even added more power than what it came with from factory, but never drive using the power. The 260 v8 would've done just fine. but they get to say they have a 455 with 525 hp.. The my stick is bigger than your stick thing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Combine the styles. The chassis of a Locost is vastly superior to the willowy rails of a T. But the style of the T rules. No good reason why these shouldn't be mashed-up by someone . . . . .

I've long thought that the super-loose Goodguys autocross rules could be exploited and mocked by a space-frame & partially-monocoque "T:" with massive Formula SAE-style wings (make 'em WWI-style out of doped canvas and wood spars to really gig the traditionalists) and ground effects.

(If my wife would just let me go full-time in the shop . . . . )
          I've had the same dream myself - use a Sevenesque frame and IFS, but copy the bodywork from a T-bucket or track T.

If you want a winged version for the Goodguys autocross, how about making it look like a Fuel Altered, only with trash can sized wheels at both ends?

Comment

Perfect

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post

I've had the same dream myself - use a Sevenesque frame and IFS, but copy the bodywork from a T-bucket or track T.

If you want a winged version for the Goodguys autocross, how about making it look like a Fuel Altered, only with trash can sized wheels at both ends?
              Whew! I may have to take the rest of the day off! That's awesome! . . . Something like Pure CONE Hell or some other name inspired by historic fuel altereds . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

I guess, if you use it. the power that is.
                What I mean, is there are a lot of 455/454 powered cars at cruises, or club events, that they even added more power than what it came with from factory, but never drive using the power. The 260 v8 would've done just fine. but they get to say they have a 455 with 525 hp.. The my stick is bigger than your stick thing.
                Unless your bucket will do this, you don't have too much power . . . Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                  Even a tame 300-350 hp small block is too much for the super lightweight bucket, so putting in a supercharged big block is just asking for it.
                  A stock 22-20-hp T is too much power for some "drivers" . . . .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fredricksdragster001.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1236662Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1236663

Seems the T is the body of choice....

Comment

I think Factory Five and Ridetech are doing pretty well in autocross. Not ULTIMATE, but is there any need to be more ultimate than Champion? CG and tire size for autocross in particular have to be a compromise because you're dealing with little rubber cones. Visibility counts. I've always dreamed of an ultimate corner burner PERIOD. I was told you could lock an Acura NSX in on cruise at 60-70 and pull a U turn on a four lane city street. How much more than that would anyone want?

Name:	ridetechautocrossfolio1.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1236677

On dragster wheels on T-Buckets..... When I was building an econo-rail I frantically searched for "wheel bearings", tapered roller, like a real car. When I finally contacted a chassis builder he snickered and handed me two pair of ball bearings. Not a lot of shock resistance and side load capacity there I'd guess.
                      Last edited by RockJustRock; March 12, 2019, 12:42 PM.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Hot rods look silly with wide front tires.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

EVERYTHING looks silly with skinny back tires...

Name:	skinny.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1236687
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            Hot rods look silly with wide front tires.
                            Whatever . . .

Comment

Comment

Nice of you to post examples that prove my point.
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X