Name:	6177455f4e1e6bac2619e8294ecca96c.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	1236840Click image for larger version

Name:	c89aa54a87d5ed969f80fc5d4d522eb6--slingshot-dragracing.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1236841

Great thread ... love the twin-mill FED's !

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	1236843

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	71.6 KB ID:	1236844

Comment

"Ingenuity in action"....brought about by the NHRA nitro ban.

Comment

Tommy Ivo slingshot ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1236847

Comment

I'm sorry we lost our BSer who built one and showed us the process. It was interesting.

Comment

Any links or pics to the transmissions or transfer cases, I’m curious how the multi engine goes to one axle. Makes me think of tractor pulls.

Comment

I believe in some of those with the side-by-side they just pressed a couple of starter-gear rings on each engine's flywheel, and then meshed them together. That's why the motors are so tight together and need to be tilted. Motor #2 would need a reverse-rotation cam of-course. Good for a few runs I suppose.

I saw twins run at the Supernationals in '70, I was ten. They absolutely thumped your chest, significantly more than a single-engine car.
              Last edited by Loren; March 13, 2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

The Odd Couple ran a Hemi and a Small Block. Mopar guys said the Chevy was there to run the fuel pump.

Name:	odd.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	1236917
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Name:	image_61614.jpg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1236929 Here's a couple to ponder on.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	20130206_121043.jpg Views:	1 Size:	442.0 KB ID:	1236927Click image for larger version  Name:	600-WD-266-top-fuel-017.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	1236928
                  Last edited by malc; March 13, 2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Name:	train6.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1236931

Comment

I can't find the video, sadly. One (or more?) of the guys in the the band Cheap Trick sponsored a twin-engined dragster that the Paris brothers raced. There was a horrific accident with I believe Dom at the wheel, and the car vanished for a few years. On their first attempt running it after rebuilding it, I was drawn to the spectacle like everyone else, and realized that the driver's wrist restraints were loose. Reached in, grabbed the driver by the hand and pulled him to show that it was loose, then I tightened one side and his crew guy did the other. Got just about knocked down with a bear hug from a lady who turned out to be the driver's wife/girlfriend. The car made a clean partial pass that day, and safely. Good all around.

Don't see many multiple engine setups anymore outside of boats, sadly. They make one heck of a racket

Comment

Dom posted it himself....

I saw the car in the 70s shortly after it was built and still on gas. It went up in smoke really bad. I remember Ron Leek "And the tire tracks on the starting line are still smoking". We posted about it a while back.....
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

And now for something completely different. Twin AMC 6s

Nick

Comment

Working...
                          X