No announcement yet.

The Pizza Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. it was from a Comedy Troupe called Firesign Theater from the late 60s and early 70s.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

To this day.......the absolutely best pizza I've ever had was on our base in Davisville, RI in late '60's.

It was made at the bowling alley.........it was the pepperoni pizza

All hand made.....the pepperoni was hand cut, nothing like this paper thin stuff today, it'd curl up on the pizza when cooked.......which had lots of cheese
      Even better when we got someone of age to get us a pitcher or beer to go along with it................good times

I've tried to duplicate several times over the year
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Pizza. I can't have that anymore, so we have determined. It's the barley in the dough that makes me be completely crippled about two or three days later. It's weird.

I have a plan. After those two college girls come back through here (Saturday night) I'm going back to eating whatever the heck I want. And I frankly don't care how crippled up I get. Pizza, mixed nuts, we'll see what that does. I'm tired of watching all of those tantalizing commercials on TV for foods that I "can't" eat. Every commercial on TV is for something I can't eat, or not supposed to. Oh, I can eat it alright and love it, crave it, but the results have not been good.

This has only got me thinking, pizza. Heck yeah I want a pizza. That might be a good order-out option for Saturday night if the girls get here sometime before midnight. That would solve the cooking dilemma. And begin my spiral into another world of hurt. Just to see how bad that is.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The culinary world is on fire for cauliflower crust pizza, try that. Food sensitivity in pizza I'd suspect the sausage. They put weird stuff in Italian sausage for pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            The culinary world is on fire for cauliflower crust pizza, try that. Food sensitivity in pizza I'd suspect the sausage. They put weird stuff in Italian sausage for pizza.
            Cauliflower crust pizza...........sorta like a goat's milk latte
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Papa Murphy and Figaros ain't all that..
              I'm not paying that kinda dough and driving out of my way to pick up a freakin' pizza that I still have to cook!

BTW, I bought some fresh-cooked Red Baron Pizza at an air show once where the Red Baron Squadron [RIP] was one of the aerobatic acts Big Red Baron truck with ovens on-site Decent price on the slices . .. . It was like 10x better than the Red Baron frozen pizza they sell in the store

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                . Boboli would be great but a Boboli is as much as a frozen pizza. BBQ or white sauce is killer, but again, thin crust.
                I think every town has its pizza place that serves "the best" pizza. Wood-Fired Pizza is the latest craze in the Seattle area.

Boboli - they carry at Costco, so it's not too bad for pricing especially since they come in the personal-sized with sauce... I lived on Tortino Party Pizza when I was in college, now I think they taste like greased cardboard.....
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

A time or two, I've gone to the trouble to make homemade pizza. I could only do that because I know what all goes into it from working at the pizza parlor. And that's a legitimate activity, "I'm making a pizza." It's not worth it.

I'll declare what's even harder to do, homemade lasagna. That's......ridiculous.

Comment

You’re one of a couple people I know that has a legit reaction like that. Lucky for you keto diet and gluten free stuff has been out for awhile, so there’s actually some good options. Try Asahi or Sapporo beer. They’re both Japanese and made with rice instead of barley if I remember right.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I'll declare what's even harder to do, homemade lasagna. That's......ridiculous.
                      the person who's being cooked for needs to be worth it... just sayin'

As for lasagna, I've never found any pre-prepared that I like
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think every town has its pizza place that serves "the best" pizza. Wood-Fired Pizza is the latest craze in the Seattle area.

Boboli - they carry at Costco, so it's not too bad for pricing especially since they come in the personal-sized with sauce... I lived on Tortino Party Pizza when I was in college, now I think they taste like greased cardboard.....
                        Actually it's fun to watch Totino's vs. Celeste battle it out in the $1 pizza market. Celeste's claim to fame was the microwave disk. Totino's is perfect for the toaster oven.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

As for lasagna, I've never found any pre-prepared that I like
                          Stouffer's. It's better than what I tried to make with all of my favorite select ingredients, and making my own took all day. It was fun, but....just something to do that day, I had to try to do it.

Comment

Cooking's fun for me, has been as long as I can remember. It's a creative process, like art or music. Never made a lasagna by myself though. Might have to try it.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I've never met a Lasagna I didn't like. However hand crafted ones are nice in being able to tell where the Ricotta starts and the Mozzarella ends.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lasagna_natures_perfect_food.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1237154

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                                Cooking's fun for me, has been as long as I can remember. It's a creative process, like art or music. Never made a lasagna by myself though. Might have to try it.
                                Mom makes her own still.. Waaaay better than bought stuff.
                                Stouffers used to have a good one..made changes. Tastes differently

Ted..makes a huge difference if you use cottage cheese (lo fat or full fat), ricotta, dried or normal.
                                Mozzerella or Montery Jack. .. Like heat in your food? Try adding pepper jack .. Delish! Heated when cooked so maybe 50/50
                                Can add olives, mushrooms (fresh ohhla la) so on.. Makes it goooder!
                                Of course the sauce.... Made or bought. Mom makes a real nice sauce!

Comment

Working...
                                X