Thread Revival Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Revival Thread

Monster had the idea of "BS Greatest Hits" with his demo derby thread. Why not a place to put links to favorite threads? It would be cleaner than just bumping them to the top, cluttering up the new stuff. It also might be better as a sticky so it wouldn't have to be dredged up itself. Would be a GREAT way to show newbies what BS is all about. stickied you could rename it "BS Greatest Hits" and yes the Demo Derby one is quite appropriate.

OR this could be a "Thing RJR Did That Did Not Work".
    Last edited by RockJustRock; March 18, 2019, 01:48 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

I'm all for it, good idea. The hard part for me will be remembering which ones were my favorites, and then harder than that for me will be digging them back out to copy the link. I'm not worth squat at searching for stuff on this platform.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Perhaps if there was a threshold of responses where a thread could get some kind of tag to make it easier to find. To me anything over 1,000 should be sticky-able, but I don't mind stickys. If ever there are multiple pages of stickys one could just bookmark the page where un-stickys start. I know I hate searching for old threads like videos, pics, songs, etc.Then to get real esoteric, wouldn't it be nice to have groups of threads? I'd love to see the most polarizing threads in one place. If not my finest, my most productive hour.

Thread sorts? It would be big fun to sort the threads by number of responses. I bet there's some gold nuggets there.
      Last edited by RockJustRock; March 18, 2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Perhaps if there was a threshold of responses where a thread could get some kind of tag to make it easier to find. To me anything over 1,000 should be sticky-able,.
        Um, you really think "Gromer v. Hunkins" (1,300+ posts) deserves a sticky? Just askin'

You can sort threads by number of replies with the pull-down filter menu at the right to see all of the 1000+ ones on one page in each sub-forum (e.g. General Discussion). It is interesting to see the sorts of topics that have generated a lot of responses in the past.

Comment

O.K. you can call me stupid for not clicking EVERY possible function on the forum, but I prefer to think of it as GMTA.

My first candidate....

The strip had a nice race/show. Western Fuel Altered's Nitro cars / Alky cars plus a nice sized show. The pics are not great due to the suns position and my

Comment

With,out question that had to be the most epic thing on this forum. It was must see reading!
            Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

Originally posted by happy39 View Post
              With,out question that had to be the most epic thing on this forum. It was must see reading!
              Was part of the hand off over at Gateway

Click image for larger version

Name:	bangshift aA.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1237757

Click image for larger version

Name:	bangshift bb.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1237758
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Wasn't the towing chain thread for that project called Red Ball Express or something like that ?

Comment

And whatever happened to the car, after all that? I remember a couple motor assembly stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    And whatever happened to the car, after all that? I remember a couple motor assembly stories.
                    I think Brian let it go on the cheap..........got busy with other things......I think
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

the thread on a slant 6 making performance...
                      or the 302 chevy that was still drag racing.

I must be thinking of the modern 5 liters and the old that never exactly left...
                      history repeats itself. Can't tell anyone the first round is the prophet.
                      that scares people.

I am still waiting on a heterosexual male version of a liquid cooled boxer made in america.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X