No announcement yet.

Major House Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to be proactive, put a walk in shower when I remolded my bathroom at home and put a full sized walk in shower in my lake house, both have molded in seats. Really like the full size one.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
      Trying to be proactive, put a walk in shower when I remolded my bathroom at home and put a full sized walk in shower in my lake house, both have molded in seats. Really like the full size one.
      When you're standing there stinking like a rented mule, and that bath tub threshold looks like Mount Everest, it's time to do something different. That's where we are. In fact, we probably for sure waited too long to do it. I haven't been in a bath tub "bath" since I was a little kid, back when that's all there was. Around 1965 Mom and Dad bought a house with showers, and that was a life-changer. A profound revelation.
      Last edited by pdub; March 22, 2019, 09:01 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm admitting up front that this is weird, but....... I pretty much always take a tub bath. I just don't feel clean after a shower, like I gave it a lick and a promise. Besides, a hot soak (and I DO mean HOT) after a hard day's work relaxes my muscles. ME, on the other hand, never soaks in a tub. At some point I assume I'll be having the same conversation PW and SU had with the nice sales guy but for the tub in ME's bathroom. So far all is good.

Dan

Comment

I shower, wife bathes..
          I kid, "you wash the face with butt water".

Before we had the clawfoot put in, we had it on a trolley and wheeled it next to the stove after filling.. Then wheeled it to the back door and drained it.. Mainly for soaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            I shower, wife bathes..
            There. There it is. Another classic DB line. That's what it's all about right there.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              I shower, wife bathes..
              Worse that that, I wash my butt with face water! Who knows WHERE that thing has been?

Dan

Comment

Hi there,

We are also planning to buy an unfinished house. I went for inspection last weekend, the house has been renovated but note completely. Timber flooring has not been done, and the kitchen has not have any cabinet and application. Just, I saw an oven and a stove in the middle of kitchen, uninstalled hvac (already did some research though https://highperformancehvac.com/buil...-hvac-control/ on what is the better and reasonable-price system for heating and cooling in a house with three bedrooms). So keep you posted once it's become ours.
                Last edited by RobertTailor; May 8, 2020, 06:00 AM.

Comment

When I take a soak , I usually t aske a short rinse off shower as the tub drains. Perfect time to wash head .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                  X