Old Sun diagnostic equipment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Sun diagnostic equipment.

A friend just came into possession of these. Anyone know what they are worth or might be interested in them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1116.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	1238347

Name:	IMG_1114.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	1238348Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1113.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	1238345

Name:	IMG_1115.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	1238346

Name:	IMG_1117.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	1238349

Name:	IMG_1118.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	360.6 KB
ID:	1238350
    I'm probably wrong

American Pickers likes Sun, but says they're a hard sell, only SERIOUS transportation collectors want them, so not HOT.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Interesting stuff and those ARE old! Note the Bakelite plastic, not the black plastic as found on the somewhat later stuff. I had a Marquette scope that I rarely used and carried around for years before I decided it wasn't worth the floor space and eventually gave it away. No clue on value of the Sun stuff but I guess you could put it up on Ebay with some outrageous price and see what happens (I'm thinking $500 is adequately outrageous). If you get crickets it was too much and if it sells immediately for asking price it was too little.

Dan

Comment

Pretty sure the timing light is a '53 model. Looks to sell between $50-$100. Still trying to identify the other one.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

You seem handy, how about some kind of man-cave worthy display shelf or case for them?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

a huge dwell-tach meter set, and a huge compression tester and vacuum gage. Is that what you wanted to know?

If it all works, it's still useful...to some idiot like me with old cars. But there is a lot more supply than demand, so don't expect to get more than $20 a box for that stuff, unless you luck into someone who really wants that particular item.

ebay involves shipping costs, which can kill a deal on heavy big stuff like that that isn't worth much to start with. Look for sold items of the same type, for an idea what they might go for.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              You seem handy, how about some kind of man-cave worthy display shelf or case for them?
              Still not to the point I can use power tools. I'm going to be trying small things soon, but left hand is still useless. Going to be interesting to see if the vibrations have me screaming in agony or not.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                a huge dwell-tach meter set, and a huge compression tester and vacuum gage. Is that what you wanted to know?

If it all works, it's still useful...to some idiot like me with old cars. But there is a lot more supply than demand, so don't expect to get more than $20 a box for that stuff, unless you luck into someone who really wants that particular item.

ebay involves shipping costs, which can kill a deal on heavy big stuff like that that isn't worth much to start with. Look for sold items of the same type, for an idea what they might go for.
                She immediately had people interested in it (me included) but had no idea what to sell for. Found a few of the dwell sets sold in the last 6 or seven years, but not the gauges. I don't know if the booklet was a later purchase or if they made that dwell set for a long time. The only others I've found that were dated were from '53 and looked identical.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post

Still not to the point I can use power tools. I'm going to be trying small things soon, but left hand is still useless. Going to be interesting to see if the vibrations have me screaming in agony or not.
                  Fingers crossed for you. I just have arthritis in my thumbs and that's enough to slow me down - I can't imagine being REALLY out of commission like that.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X