Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

love the Cadillacs
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          love the Cadillacs
          I like also, hope we get to see a lot more of it.
          Tim
          Melbourne Australia

Comment

since he doesn't participate here, there should be no feelings at risk.... but what do you think - that most car-guy-channels start out as car-guys but eventually end up being actors and actresses.... Derek is good people and (though I haven't met her) I presume Jessica is too - but now that they're big, are they still one of us?

*and I quickly add, I think it's more a function of time divided by the number of people watching - there's only so much of them to go around...

I dunno, discussion?

Comment

He has taken a hobby from a bit of fun to a business, isn't that the dream, to some it is and others would keep it a hobby. Is his format enough to keep us coming back, for me it is at the moment but I wonder would Derek show us one where he couldn't get the car on the road. I would like to see one of these cars that has been recovered get back on the road as a sound driver and he keeps it for a while. Hope the Caddy will be that car.

There are plenty of other car channels that don't appeal to me but there are people watching them, same old thing you find your spot where you fit. An example I'd give is Taylor Ray, I put his latest LS build stuff here but it looks like it hasn't gained any interest here.

I still don't know how that wheel started turning
              Last edited by 65RHDEER; May 2, 2020, 08:22 PM.
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                He has taken a hobby from a bit of fun to a business, isn't that the dream, to some it is and others would keep it a hobby. Is his format enough to keep us coming back, for me it is at the moment but I wonder would Derek show us one where he couldn't get the car on the road. I would like to see one of these cars that has been recovered get back on the road as a sound driver and he keeps it for a while. Hope the Caddy will be that car.

There are plenty of other car channels that don't appeal to me but there are people watching them, same old thing you find your spot where you fit. An example I'd give is Taylor Ray, I put his latest LS build stuff here but it looks like it hasn't gained any interest here.

I still don't know how that wheel started turning
                On Wednesday nights they do basically a youtube podcast - the impression I get is he flips cars and he's starting wrenching on the side (what's fun is he keeps that fairly close to his vest) - as for failures, there's plenty. The Ford tractor, the Massey, the Monza. Heck the dent-side Chevy truck is another that seems to be fading fast.... with him, it seems, he's starting to do the co-shows (ie. Cleetus stuff), and I suspect we'll see a MTOD with him sooner rather then later.

Taylor is drifting. I get drifting is a thing for some, just not my thing, and I also think it's not really a BS thing. Not that they wouldn't be welcome, but it's not a thing so odds are good there isn't much to attract drifters to here....

Comment

I'm so bored I'm watching older-before-I-knew-him episodes

but it brings up a good question - if you sell a car like this, do you put a pin in the map of where the new owner lives so that you can keep your head on swivel when you're in his neighborhood? I dunno, but had I been the lucky recipient of the welder-u-joint-fix, I might be a might chagrined.... perhaps even slightly annoyed.

Comment

Amazed the oil pan didn't have pin holes in it. That and many other things. Trans worked, brakes sort of, rad. and water pump working, 3 of 4 tires held air? Good save!

Comment

I'm wondering about the person who left this car where it was 20 years ago, it is in such good condition for sitting there for that long. It would have been in fantastic condition when left From what Derek has done to get it going there must have been nothing wrong with it, that motor was purring soon after start up. I assume it would have been buried in snow every winter. Being away from trees I guess would keep it from rotting leaves.
                      Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

Comment

I'm wondering about the person who left this car where it was 20 years ago, it is in such good condition for sitting there for that long. It would have been in fantastic condition when left From what Derek has done to get it going there must have been nothing wrong with it, that motor was purring soon after start up. I assume it would have been buried in snow every winter. Being away from trees I guess would keep it from rotting leaves.
                        happens all the time, too good to sell, no one wants to buy it, keep it as a spare.... I've bought enough them to hear all those excuses and more... often they sit until the person finds that it's too much work to revive - and many times it is.

Comment

Derek hands out his award in the Deboss comp, the Factree...

Last edited by 65RHDEER; May 10, 2020, 12:44 AM.
                          Tim
                          Melbourne Australia

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy
                            Almost SBG, almost

Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

Comment

Comment

Things are getting away from us, this has been up for 22 hours!

Tim
                                Melbourne Australia

Comment

Working...
                                X