Buy Our House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Our House?

A few days ago, I was sound asleep on the couch in the living room, one of my four daily naps. The doorbell rang and woke me up. It was late afternoon, the sun was going down. The sun made a shadow of a figure on the mini-blind, it looked just like Superman Jr. What the.....so I got up and opened the door.

Nope, it was somebody else. It was a tall skinny young guy with that kid that made that shadow on the mini-blind. I finally made it over to the door and opened it up. I was as surprised as they were....who in the hell.....

Dude said, "Did I wake you UP?" Well, yeah, you sure did. He started apologizing immediately and then told his story. He seemed nervous. "I used to live at such and such a number on such-and-such a street (in our neighborhood) and I want to move back here again."

That was weird. He wanted to buy our house. OR it was a scam, he wanted to see what we had inside it. OR I should have sold it to him. Can't decide which.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

It may be the chance you are looking for as you were speaking of getting out due to the foundation issue.... but, proceed with caution....Use an attorney or realtor if necessary....best of luck if that's the way you decide to go!
    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 28, 2019, 06:28 PM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      It may be the chance you are looking for as you were speaking of getting out due to the foundation issue.... but, proceed with caution....Use an attorney or realtor if necessary....best of luck if that's the way you decide to go!
      That's way too far too late. I rednecked him. I pointed to the handwritten "No Soliciting" note I made right there above the doorbell. I said, "Apparently you can't even READ, either!" Yeah I ran him off real good. But then Unit and I were talking about it, maybe I should chase that guy up the street and let's talk about it some more.

But I think it was some sort of a scam. That just doesn't even happen, not like that.

Comment

I vote scammer.

Comment

Scammer. Looking to case the racecar house

Why would anybody know other than us here on BS know your house might be for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Scammer. Looking to case the racecar house

Why would anybody know other than us here on BS know your house might be for sale?
            Well, it's NOT for sale, At this point there's NO point. What would we do NEXT? They were on foot, they were going door-to-door-to-door doing that crap. I should have taken their photograph standing there on the front porch but I was not anywhere near awake.

Comment

They'll be back later......at night.......when you're not at home.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                They'll be back later......at night.......when you're not at home.
                I'm sure now, that night will not happen, that night when we're not at home.

Comment

More than likely it he was up to no good, but I have known a Realtor to go door to door in a neighborhood looking for a house for his client. A lot of the houses in our subdivision sell with out ever going on the market. Process with caution. Not sure how I would have handled it if I was in your shoes.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

I was sort of thinking of the same thing....keep it outside of the house and ask for identification.... that will back off scammers.... if Identification is offered, pull out your phone and photograph it, and photograph the person as well! They're on your property, so you are well within your rights...make sure the back door is locked as well... sometimes the innocent looking person rings the door bell as a distraction, allowing accomplices to raid your home from the back or garage door..

Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We have an attack cat but he runs and hides behind the washing machine when the doorbell rings.

Comment

Unplug the door bell .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think he was a theif . And if he had gotten inside where no one could see him , you two could have been harmed or forced to give up valuables under the threat of harm . Happened in my old neighborhood after I had been gone 18 years . They are friends of my mom .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                            Unplug the door bell .
                            Now THERE'S a concept. I've never even thought of that. That's gonna take about two more sleeps' worth of thought. I may just do that. Sue Unit can't hear the doorbell anyhow, not if she was standing right next to it.

Comment

We get those from time to time. Both at our house & the one that we own across the street. Usually just notes though. Mostly house flippers here.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                              X