Nostalgia from the late 50's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia from the late 50's

I was going to go thru all my "really old" car magazines but got carried away rumaging thru my dads old Car Club stuff, some really neat nostalgia in the shoebox. I will dig thru magazines later! By the way,... he still gets a kick out of old cars, so I guess once bitten the bug stays with you. The charter has a nice autograph from Wally Parks. (this car club was in southern Ontario, Canada)

Re: Nostalgia from the late 50's

By the way ..... the pinstriping on the "Charter" is kinda cool for the era, neat way to enhance documents I think.

Comment

That's very cool stuff. I've seen photos of the NHRA Charter but never a live copy. It was written and agreed upon at the Tam O'Shanter Inn, an old Irish pub on Los Feliz near Glendale, California, not far from our shop.

Note that it is signed not only by Wally but also by Wayne Horning.

Comment

So................... this charter has some significance to.............. ? I thought it was just some old memoribila from the heyday of hot rodding.

Comment

Those are great!

I love the nostalgia from the late 50's early 60's. Very cool.......

Comment

Dude, it don't get any better than that.......that is frigging awesome

Comment

The club courtesy card , My dad was the secretary of the club when it was started and ended up with all the paperwork when they shut down. I have mostly got minutes to meetings and such, there is a local guy in town who recently restored one of the original members cars (34 three window) very sweet car, history is interesting.

Comment

Thats some pretty cool stuff, to help relive the past, even better is the fact Dad can relate some old memories. Most Gearheads are LIFERS, in every sense of the word.

Comment

that was my era - - - thanks for sharing - -- awesome 8)

I would give anything to still have my old Hot Rod Club Plaque (remember those old pewter casted plagues?) and car coat but things get lost while time is racing by :'(

Comment

That is really cool as I also know where Tillsonburg is as we used to
                    live in Brownsville back in the Late 60's (too bad I was too young to know
                    about the car scene)

Comment

Originally posted by OldUsedParts
                      that was my era - - - thanks for sharing - -- awesome 8)

I would give anything to still have my old Hot Rod Club Plaque (remember those old pewter casted plagues?) and car coat but things get lost while time is racing by :'(
                      As a matter of fact I have the cast plague original ( used to make the plagues for the members )
                      Some day I should give this stuff to a local car museum, that can appreciate the historic value of it.

Comment

As a matter of fact I have the cast plague original ( used to make the plagues for the members )
                        Some day I should give this stuff to a local car museum, that can appreciate the historic value of it.
                        great idea (so it's the die and in reverse, right?) - - - I imagine that Dave or someone here could put you in touch with the proper/responsible person to send it to 8)

Comment

Working...
                        X