X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the intention for the car.

White for pure function.

Black for pampered and fussed over

Dark Metallic Blue or Green for luxurious, but easier care than black.

Ferrari Red of Canary Yellow for "LOOK AT ME!", but don't leave me in the sun too long.

Pumpkin Yellow or Day Glo blue for Fords unless your name is Petty.

Flat Black or Flat ANYTHING for the occasional no-glare hood ONLY

Chrome for where the guy that designed it wanted Chrome, except maybe window trim and wipers

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Plaid.... I like plaid...
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I've never really given it much thought. Appliance white is pretty much out, it doesn't say anything.

We were at the Gear Head Inn, I think it was that odd weekend when we went there because we could, when all of the cops were there on motorcycles. A small group of them broke away from the fire pit and really went over Red with a comb, they wanted to see him. I was more than glad to provide the tour, but I was thinking the whole time, "These guys haven't seen a whole lot of cars before."

The Alpha-Most one of them said, "Ya know what? There's only two colors. There's red and then there's 'ugly.'" I grinned. Who was I to argue with a bunch of cops while I was holding a beer?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Two tone green - Mosport and Goodwood -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

I don't usually like light greens, but that Mosport on the '66 looks great with the goldlines.

Comment

A green car usually has a green interior. Not many options for exterior color change.

Comment

I always liked Saddle Tan interiors with green exteriors.

Comment

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think my favorite color varies depending on the vehicle involved. Studebaker was notorious for every year having some kind of green each year, usually different from any other year, most of which are kind of ugly. When we repainted the Cruiser the exact color could not be found (a spring only '65 color). What I came up with is a metalic green that was supposedly an early '70's GM color. It came out great and seems to get positive comments from many who see it. I think when I get to my truck it may be a grey of some sort. I have always liked the Cadillac pearl white as well.

Comment

My first car I bought my Mom's grocery-getter, which was a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 2-door hardtop, 318ci automatic with Bronze paint (that she called "Burnt Tomato") and a white vinyl top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1967 Dodge Coronet 500 Bronze.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1240411

So, among one of the first things I did to the car was a color change to a 1974 Cadillac Coup de Ville "Regal Blue Firemist".

Name:	1967_Dodge_Coronet_500_&_Gus.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	1240412

Comment

What is with everyone asking about favorite colors? My answer is I don't necessarily have a favorite, but I do have ones I don't like: any 90s shade of green, any pastel.
                          That said, I think there are colors that are perfect for one car and terrible for another.... white, can either be a blinding monstrosity or softens edges of a car to make it appear more sleek. The same goes with black - which on a smaller car can make it look big, on a large car can make it look either ominous or like a hunk of crap... I can even illustrate. My wife thought my red H3 Hummer was smaller then my black H3. Color does that....
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 16, 2019, 08:53 AM.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

O.K. After looking at OleTrux' Vette I realized I lean towards Dark Candy Apple Red/Maroon/Burgundy/Root Beer. Big John had a good eye. Too bad car wax isn't as big of a business as it used to be since clear coat, they made good race car sponsors.

Name:	maz.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1240424
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; April 16, 2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                              My first car I bought my Mom's grocery-getter, which was a 1967 Dodge Coronet 500 2-door hardtop, 318ci automatic with Bronze paint (that she called "Burnt Tomato") and a white vinyl top.

So, among one of the first things I did to the car was a color change to a 1974 Cadillac Coup de Ville "Regal Blue Firemist".

Name:	1967_Dodge_Coronet_500_&_Gus.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	1240412
                              I loved the Firemist colors. My '78 Fleetwood Brogham d'Elegance (how's THAT for a model name??!!) was a bronze Firemist and the paint really danced. I repainted that one and it took a LOT of paint!

Dan

Comment

My favorite color is Terri-cloth Blue, of course!!
                                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
                                X