your choice for last ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your choice for last ride?

this is the guy that bought the hoarder house.. as it turns out the lady who owned it was very normal. He even interviewed her.

she had a fear of falling down and made soft pathways nearly as tall as her.
    she passed away last week.

her request for last ride was the ghost buster ambulance.. from funeral home to grave site.
    it is a lengthy video.

I do not have a special vehicle in mind for last ride.
    The same truck that finally made my air force mush foot into a pile of debris was a 7.3 liter ford f350 5 speed.
    As it turned out, the same truck I cursed repeatedly had the same engine in the ambulance that save my life.

gets me thinking a bit.

anyway, a private person exposed on the net, she was strong

rest in peace mary

Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 8, 2019, 09:29 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I'll be cremated (at my age this is no longer theoretical) so I'm guessing it might be any old sedan, maybe the HHR. Depends on who croaks first.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      I'll be cremated (at my age this is no longer theoretical) so I'm guessing it might be any old sedan, maybe the HHR. Depends on who croaks first.

Dan
      My neighbor louis, family was very separated (not even mine was that bad)
      I took him to the V.A. hospital and even the funeral home where he made plans... in fact I was the last omne to take him to the hospital.
      the only time I heard him laugh, and I got it on dash camera... he liked my truck rowing the gears.

I volunteered to be the one to take him to the middle of the bridge where he wanted his ashes to go...
      nothing came of it.

I am learning to keep a plan myself, If lost and cold veteran was not enough. Even the end is blunt with a chance to plan.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Whatever my kids drive when I'm a pile of ashes...

Comment

in my most imagination..

I'd go with a kc135e with the old paint colors.
          a chrome bolt with two washers and a 9/16ths wrench in my coffin.
          the air force achievement medal is given by half dozens to a personnel office...
          but perhaps that is a crew chiefs ratio.
          6 to 1 in the anti matters direction..

me and those two things would disappear and appear randomly for the next 5 billion half years.
          don't jump at the helping hand.

if your faithful time says something is coming. We may meet again.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 8, 2019, 10:27 AM.
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

I've thought it would be a good last joke to have a rental van re-stickered to say "U can't take it with U", but that sounds like a lot of work to stick the living with, and I'm sure they'd rather spend any money that I leave to them on something a bit more useful.

Comment

When I go I´m taking all my shit with me...... Click image for larger version

Name:	I go.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1239733

Comment

Interesting topic. Over here, we have both chosen to be cremated, so the last ride is....well, it doesn't matter. Up north, at least what I've seen numerous times in Pittsburgh, they bury someone for a whole week. It drags on and on and on, all the visitations.

Down South, it's much quicker. Two days, maybe three maximum from TOD to final resting place. My Daddy's ashes nearly didn't get to his funeral on time, it was close. He'd never been late for anything, early most of the time. But he was nearly late for his own funeral. My sister was absolutely frantic, but "Daddy" made it minutes before the ceremony began.

I've seen a lot of stories and videos about bikers whose last ride was where the casket was a sidecar on a big bike. That's pretty cool, if that's what you want.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Once you're gone, everything done with or to your body, is only for those still alive that are left behind.

Comment

I'm going invite everyone to
                    dance on my grave...........

I'm being buried at sea.....

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                      I'm being buried at sea.
                      I'm curious about how anyone can dig water ?

Comment

I go white water trout fishing on the Madison River through Bear Trap Canyon, Montana every summer. I'll be cremated, and my son will toss my ashes in the water there. I'm gonna float that river one more time.......
                        Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 8, 2019, 02:58 PM.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I'm curious about how anyone can dig water ?
                          Surely you've heard of burial at sea.....the sea is'nt actually dug.....

Or are you kidding me ?
                          Last edited by malc; April 8, 2019, 03:06 PM. Reason: 8

Comment

I sure hope my brother sells it, so I don't have to ride in this again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181102_083759.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1239746
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              I go white water trout fishing on the Madison River through Bear Trap Canyon, Montana every summer. I'll be cremated, and my son will toss my ashes in the water there. I'm gonna float that river one more time.
                              Maybe a Trout will eat some of you this time ?

Comment

Working...
                              X