your choice for last ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malc View Post
    Surely you've heard of burial at sea.....the sea is'nt actually dug.....
    Or are you kidding me ?
    Yes, I am messing with you ... being a sailor, I am all to familiar with the saying, although it is actually a "sinking" at sea.

Comment

i always said i would never sell my 88 mustang, that i would be buried in it. maybe pour the ashes in the gas tank and run it till it runs out of gas
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

It seems a popular consensus here so far to go with cremation. Back in the olden days, it seemed like that was almost not an option. My mama talked Daddy into it, he didn't care one way or the other. It makes the whole deal easier on the survivors. A LOT easier.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

No cremation here. What if some parts of the brain hang on longer than others?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

My oldest brother loved planes. Heavy into R/C, even big scale, plus we had two uncles that were WWII pilots. Sadly one outlived him. He didn't leave a last request but our family had uncle, now well over 90 fly him up in a private plane and sprinkle his ashes over the town my folks grew up in.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Maybe a Trout will eat some of you this time ?
              The Madison river is one of the headwaters of the Missouri, so I really hope I don't get hung up behind one of those big dams in the Dakotas...........LOL! I want to make it to the Gulf!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

when I go, I'll be cremated and mixed into POR15 and painted on the frame of my chevelle, the kids can take me out for rides....
                Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                Gregg and Deb Miller
                Verona, Wi.

Comment

Actually best cremation wish was to be ground up and put in the pepper shakers in the White House.

Comment

I want my body to be used as much as it can for medical research and cremate the rest. I've never thought about how those ashes will get to where ever they are going to get where the final place(s) is/are.

Comment

My mom, wife and her parents were cremated. My moms ashes are in San Francisco bay. Wifes ashes off Palm Beach FL.
                      My dad is buried about 5 blocks from the bar he owned back in Staten Island,NY..He was a Cady guy.. At the funeral the hearse was a Lincoln. I am sure he was pissed LOL.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                        This is the guy that bought the hoarder house.. as it turns out the lady who owned it was very normal. He even interviewed her.
                        She had a fear of falling down and made soft pathways nearly as tall as her. She passed away last week.

I've been following this story for months. Mary Borgstrom is a world renowned potter.

Her works are featured in museums all around the world. She was a very humble person.
                        Curiosity Inc is turning her house into a landmark/museum to keep her memory alive.
                        They found a plethora of pottery in her house and are donating 50% of the auction proceeds to her family.

Last edited by tardis454; April 12, 2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

You're up, SBG!

Comment

Working...
                          X